Sunlite for Pocket PC

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

celsosc

Sunlite for Pocket PC

Post by celsosc »

Well,
Imagine you are on stage or in a large disco and with a pocket PC with wireless LAN in your hand.

Only on little click on a button and you control a very complex light system or you calibrate the working area of each device onstage with that little thing and transmit it per wireless Lan or bluetooth to the server with your Sunlite Software. And much more ...

:idea: Think about it...

A question : Is it possible to the user create a own page where he could put the bottons for scenes,swiths cycles form that he neet from any device and not to be limited to a page per "sametyp" device?
Matthieu

Post by Matthieu »

i have bin using sunlite for 2 years now and got my pocetPC at the begining of this year, and i was tinking the same ting, i have to run from my comp and back to stage a lot of times to get ting right, now if i could use my pocketPC whit my Wlan that would be a lot easyer to do, or even turn on and off channels would be great to start whit (its a good idea for theaters) so you can place your comp and start the focusing.
:idea: Think about it...
stanelie

Post by stanelie »

Well,

This is not really a solution, but a "kinda" workaround.
There is a VNC client for pocket PC, as well as a terminal server client. You could use either of these to see your remote computer screen, the one running Sunlite, and click the buttons using your pocket PC.

That's not ideal, but it's a start...

Stanislas
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

I have just got my iPaq working with a Wireless Network card, and I would now also like to access Sunlite 2002 from this device!

I have got the Sunlite Network Server working OK, so that I can remotely trigger buttons from another laptop (also via the wireless LAN), so that is a step forward, but like you, I think it would be even better to be able to trigger Sunlite from a PDA.

What seems to be needed is a Pocket 2002 version of the SLNetwork program in order to create the socket connection between iPaq & PC Server.

Is there any chance of this? If not, is there any other way to create the dialogue between PDA and Sunlite Network Server to send the necessary commands? Presumbably the command string is the contents of the .hsm files.

Bruno, any ideas or thoughts would be welcome.

Regards, Vince