Network MIDI

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

nyckidryan

Network MIDI

Post by nyckidryan »

Hi everyone ...

I've been banging my head on this for a few weeks now, hoping someone here has had some success. I run lights at a club for a monthly event, and I need to take myself *out* of the DJ booth as it's getting a little too crowded at this particular venue.

I've used an Android tablet with my Windows XP computer and Remote Desktop to control the system from the bar (*grin*) with great success and much "ooh" and "ahh" from the club owners, but as I'm dealing with more fixtures I'm looking for something with a little more control, and I'm finding the SL2 interface is too crowded on a 1024x768 screen for the number of things I have going on at once.

I have a Novation Launchpad MIDI controller that's been working just fine for triggering scenes, so MIDI programming itself isn't the problem. (Side note, a label maker with black text on white tape has made working in the dark much easier since the buttons are backlit by LEDs.)

I've set up a field of buttons using the Control app from (at http://charlie-roberts.com/Control/), though finding out it didn't do MIDI on the Android platform was the end of my procrastinating about purchasing an iPad. Got the iPad tranmitting MIDI data using rtpMIDI (at http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/rtpMIDI.html) to take in signals from the Control app and push them into the Windows MIDI system. The problem is I can't get Sunlite to see anything - I go into Controller -> Starting parameters -> Audio/MIDI -> Test MIDI and get no response. The USB based Launchpad works fine. I can get Windows to play notes from the app, just can't seem to convince Sunlite to listen to the music...

Has anyone else had success using an OSC or MIDI app on a tablet or phone?

Thanks!

-Ryan
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Network MIDI

Post by simonB »

Hi Ryan

Suite 2 supports our new EasyRemote app which we are going to release within the next month. This is an app for Android Tablet and iPad and it automatically sends the 'Console' screen to the device.

If you want to stick with Suite 1, we have had some customers use the touch osc app before.
Simon
--
Sales/Support