Did I buy the wrong software?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

lefodnes

Did I buy the wrong software?

Post by lefodnes »

I bought the Sunlite Suite 2 EC, because it seemed to be the very best lighting software there is.

While I wait for the package to arrive, I'm trying to learn it on the demo version.
But... My rig is mostly conventional dimmer lamps and LED lamps. Every single tutorial I see is some fantastic wild moving head disco show, complicating everything when I try to learn this stuff...

All I wanted was this:
- A cue list to dim my lamps in scenes at step by step.
- The cue list should be able to start a video output on an HDMI monitor (projector) and trigger lamps accordingly.
- The cue list should be able to trigger MIDI signals to the audio mixer, in order to pan the audio according to the lights.
- It's nice to have physical fixture setups, showing me each fixture at a somewhat correct position.

From time to time, we would afford renting some moving heads, just to be able to set light on an actor at different spots at the stage.

Please help me here, should I return this software, and go for something else?

Best regards
Lars
mtregael
Super Forumor

Re: Did I buy the wrong software?

Post by mtregael »

Hi lars,
- A cue list to dim my lamps in scenes at step by step.
That's the finality of a light automation software... Sunlite Suite 2 can do that.
- The cue list should be able to start a video output on an HDMI monitor (projector) and trigger lamps accordingly.
You can do that also.
- The cue list should be able to trigger MIDI signals to the audio mixer, in order to pan the audio according to the lights.
Hummm... I didn't already did. I don't know if it's possible...
- It's nice to have physical fixture setups, showing me each fixture at a somewhat correct position.
You can do that.
From time to time, we would afford renting some moving heads, just to be able to set light on an actor at different spots at the stage.
and you can do that...

Sunlite suite 2 is very powerfull. So, beginners sometime don't know how to do... the forum is here to help (as much as i can do)

Regards,
Gael
Gaël Rambaud
Light Designer and Technician
Sunlite Suite 2 and Suite 3 Beta / 7 universes (Suite2 FC + 4 artnet)
*** Freelance ***
gael (@) bloc-company.com
http://www.bloc-company.com
teggers
Junior Forumor

Re: Did I buy the wrong software?

Post by teggers »

This software is amazing.