Save a Live preset to a button ?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Save a Live preset to a button ?

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Simon,

I try to save one or more Live presets to a new button.
I thought I could do this with the "as you see now" feature, but I had no luck.
Is there a way to do this and if not could it be implemented ?
Sometime you make some live changes and think, "hey that´s cool", I like to save it for later use.
I know I could use the "embedded inside the button" feature instead of the Live feature,
but that´s not what im looking for. Or is there a way to save the changes of the "embedded inside the button" feature
in to a new button and remove the exclamation mark from the preset buttons ?

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Save a Live preset to a button ?

Post by simonB »

I was thinking the same last weekend. It is possible in LumiDesk to make a whole load of live modifications then create a "Live Preset".

We have added it to the TODO list to add a feature to include live modifications inside an as you see now button.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Simon,
We have added it to the TODO list to add a feature to include live modifications inside an as you see now button.
Great, it would be nice to see it in Suite 2, since the "as you see now" feature isn´t complete without it.

I´ve got a question about live presets aswell.
Why is it possible to asign two or more functions of the same type to the same fixtures ?
For example: Moving Heads 2 and 4 are selected in the fixtures window, Live Record is enabled and we choose the star gobo.
How Heads 2 and 4 show the star gobo and check marks are displayed on fixtures 2 and 4 when the star gobo preset is selected in the list.
We leave the Heads 2 and 4 selected and choose the fan hat gobo, how I have two live presets off the same typ (gobo) asigned to Heads 2 and 4.
Wouldn´t it make sense that the software recognizes this and remove heads 2 and 4 from the star gobo live preset and only kept the last preset (fan hat gobo) ?
What do you think Simon ? In the main software it works the same, when the star gobo switch is enabled and you press the fan hat gobo switch it will release the star gobo switch automatically
since it´s function is completely overwritten.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Gernot

I have just tested this using 4 generic moving heads and the live buttons seem to work fine for me.
1. I press live
2. I select fixture number 4
3. I press the line gobo and a live button pops up with the line gobo
4. I press the star gobo and the live button is replaced with a star gobo

Is this what you mean?
Are the gobos you are selecting definitely on the same channel?
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hallo Simon,

sorry, I don´t explain it the right way.
I´ll try again.
I have just tested this using 4 generic moving heads and the live buttons seem to work fine for me.
1. I press live
2. I select fixture number 4
3. I press the line gobo and a live button pops up with the line gobo
4. I press the star gobo and the live button is replaced with a star gobo
Yes, this all works the same here and is good that way.

Please try this with your 4 generic moving heads :
1. press live / don´t activate "Auto"
2. select Heads 1 and 2
3. choose the star gobo ( a live button pops up with the star gobo and Head 1 and 2 in it)
4. how choose only Head 1 and choose the line gobo (a other live button pops up with the line gobo and only Head 1 in it)
5. go to the live button list and select the star gobo live button, you will see that heads 1 and 2 are still in the star gobo live button.
Head 1 is now in two gobo live buttons (Star gobo and line gobo), I think the software should see this and remove head 1 from star gobo live button
and only keep it in the line gobo live button, since it was the last I create.

6. select head 3 and choose the fanhead gobo (a other live button pops up with the fanhead gobo and only Head 3 in it)
7. how select only head 1
8. press the +++ Button in the fanhead gobo live button
Now you have head 1 in three gobo live buttons (fanhead,line and star)

I hope you understand what I mean.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I see what you mean now. I don't think its very important whether the button is layered or replaced as long as it is the same whether you select 1 fixture or multiple fixtures. However I will suggest that the live buttons are replaced like standard switches..or maybe we could even give the option to have layering mode or replacing mode as layering could be useful in some circumstances.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

or maybe we could even give the option to have layering mode or replacing mode as layering could be useful in some circumstances.
Yes, this would be the perfect solution.

The layering isn´t working correctly all the time.
I didn´t find a pattern jet, but I´ll try to make it reproducible.

Best Gernot