SEPT 3 Bugs

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

kfolger

SEPT 3 Bugs

Post by kfolger »

I just noticed that there was a release yesterday of a new version. I found three issues and one of them was pretty major and I'm not sure if these have been taken care of. I am using Windows 7 32-bit

1. I had 4 moving heads set up and all the parameters worked on the fixtures page except for the x-y parameter. When I clicked to display the pop-up to change movement, no cursor seems to appear that would enable me to click and drag their position. However, when I go to the edit page for making a new scene or switch, the cursor is there and I can position the fixtures.

2. I had to delete a bunch of buttons for a fixture. It didn't matter if it was the master page or the individual fixture page. After I right clicked and chose delete the program shut down after about the 6 or 7 time performing this sequence.

3. After I had created many switches and scenes I was trying to run the show with the Behringer Midi controller. After controlling the parameters for a while the program shutdown. When the program re-opened all the page patches were set to 1-1. When I re-patched all the fixtures none of my scenes or switches worked anymore. It was as if my show was there but I lost all the fixtures. This happened twice.

4. I'm not sure if this is a function I am able to do but is there a way to assign x and y on a page to midi faders to be able to move the fixtures like I can do in edit mode? Also is there a way to pre-set the way the edit faders appear when I open the edit mode. Every time I open them now, all the faders are off by default. I would really like them to be say all set to dimmer for a particular fixture so when I open the edit mode I can be able to automatically set the fixtures parameters with the midi controller after selecting the fixture. Lastly, is there an easy way to set either step or dimmer or other function to the faders in a quick way. I would love to change the way each fader changes in edit mode by clicking one of the buttons on the left and quickly apply them to multiple fade parameters. I hope this makes sense.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: SEPT 3 Bugs

Post by RichterMC »

I just noticed that there was a release yesterday of a new version.
When the program re-opened all the page patches were set to 1-1. When I re-patched all the fixtures none of my scenes or switches worked anymore. It was as if my show was there but I lost all the fixtures. This happened twice.
If you are talking about Beta 9. here, this is a known bug.
This release won´t save the fixture patches, please install current version 15. Sep., it got fixed in the new version.
2. I had to delete a bunch of buttons for a fixture. It didn't matter if it was the master page or the individual fixture page. After I right clicked and chose delete the program shut down after about the 6 or 7 time performing this sequence.
Sorry, can´t reproduce this here.
1. I had 4 moving heads set up and all the parameters worked on the fixtures page except for the x-y parameter. When I clicked to display the pop-up to change movement, no cursor seems to appear that would enable me to click and drag their position. However, when I go to the edit page for making a new scene or switch, the cursor is there and I can position the fixtures.
I think this has something to do with the "lost fixture patch" bug of Beta 9. Sep. as well . I would try again with the current Beta version.
3. After I had created many switches and scenes I was trying to run the show with the Behringer Midi controller. After controlling the parameters for a while the program shutdown.
Does Suite 2 Beta write a .dmp file in the root dir of Suite 2 ? If so send it together with the "Errorlog.txt" to Dylan.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

I'm not sure if this is a function I am able to do but is there a way to assign x and y on a page to midi faders to be able to move the fixtures like I can do in edit mode?
I hope I get you right, here. You want to control X/Y channels with a Midi Fader, right ?

Create 2 new empty switches on your Movingheadpage. Call them for example "Head 1 X" and "Head 1 Y".
Open the button editor of "Head 1 X" switch and asign the dimmer function to the X channel of head 1,
set the X Channel fader to 255.
Now open the button editor for "Head 1 Y" switch and asign the dimmer function to the Y channel of head 1,
set the Y channel to 255 as well.
Go to the button setting of both new switches and enable "Dimmer" "force this function to work on all channels".
Now you can asign one Midi-fader to each dimmer poti of the swiches and the X and Y channel can be controlled from your Midi-device.
Hope this helps.
Also is there a way to pre-set the way the edit faders appear when I open the edit mode. Every time I open them now, all the faders are off by default. I would really like them to be say all set to dimmer for a particular fixture so when I open the edit mode I can be able to automatically set the fixtures parameters with the midi controller after selecting the fixture.
You can create some kind of preset switch and when you make a new button just copy it to the new button.
Lastly, is there an easy way to set either step or dimmer or other function to the faders in a quick way. I would love to change the way each fader changes in edit mode by clicking one of the buttons on the left and quickly apply them to multiple fade parameters.
This is a good suggestion, at the moment you only can hold Strg. and drag a function to many channels, but they have to be neighbours.
I would like to see a function to stick to the mouse cursor like in Suite 1, this would speedup things a bit.

Let´s see what Simon have to say when he´s back from Plasa.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I don't really see the need of the stick function from suite 1 because of the new feature where only the channels of the selected fixtures appear. It is rare to have a fixture of over 20 channels so I don't think it would actually save any time.

We could do something like a right click on the a left parameter sticks it to the mouse but if an inexperienced user accidentally right clicks on a property it could get pretty confusing....if we get more requests for this we'll think about it
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

I don't really see the need of the stick function from suite 1 because of the new feature where only the channels of the selected fixtures appear. It is rare to have a fixture of over 20 channels so I don't think it would actually save any time.
Yes, I can see your point.
Different user, different workflows.
I like the way it was handled in Suite 1 over the way in Suite 2, but that just me. Other users may like the way in Suite 2 most.
In Suite 1 in don´t need the keyboard to assign many Channels at once and they don´t have to be neighbours. In Suite 2 in have to hold down the Strg key , hold the mouse button down and have to go
back each time I got a gap between channels.
We could do something like a right click on the a left parameter sticks it to the mouse but if an inexperienced user accidentally right clicks on a property it could get pretty confusing....
Maybe you can turn off the "right click stick function" when the button editor is in "Basic" Mode.
if we get more requests for this we'll think about it
O.K. lets hear what other user have to say...

Best Gernot