Wimdow Setting

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Wimdow Setting

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I was playing with various functions of S2 today and wanted to see what something would do. I clicked on External Windows and then clicked on organize windows in tabs....OOOPS. LOL Of course all of my carefully set window placement went crazy. I had to redo all the placements. No problem. It took a few minutes but ok.

This got me to thinking again. Once you have set your windows to where you want them, usually in a fashion that helps you access your scenes, switches and such, is there a way to set your current widow placement to a default setting? That way no matter what happens either by accident or design you can always revert back to the way you had? Of course you would need to be able to make any window placement the default as well as perhaps making more than one placement profile as well. That way if another operator wants his screen setup differently he can make a profile with the button and pages where they would want them.

Thanks Again
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Wimdow Setting

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Mark,

have you checked out "Favorites" already ?
You can save the windows positions with each favorite.
This feature is very powerful, since you can not only save windows positions for different operators but also for
different work situations (like one for editing cycles with a big timeline window or with a big fixture window to rearrange fixtures, and so on...)
Make sure "Send window positioning datas" is set to "True". You can recall a favorite with a keyboard short cut or by Midi.

There´s only one small disadvantage, when you save the windows positions with a favaorite, the favaorite windows has always to be
on screen. I think this is already on the todo list.

Best Gernot
Last edited by RichterMC on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

COOL, I will try in a minute....I have been reprogramming scenes and switches to include new fixtures.

Thanks!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

COOL, I will try in a minute....
Try it and let us know.

Here´s an other tip, if you don´t like the favorites window on screen when saving windows positions in a favorite.
Make the favorites window a "free floating" window and enable the "Auto hide" function (pin icon).

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Heh yeah I was speaking about that one with dylan last week, we're going to get it done pretty soon
Simon
--
Sales/Support