Grouping Fixtures in a Live Situation

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

jnobel
New Forumor

Grouping Fixtures in a Live Situation

Post by jnobel »

Hi all,

My name is Jordan and I have been working with SS2 for a couple of weeks now. I work as a touring LD for a mid-range US band and have been enjoying playing around and getting to know the software. At this point it's looking like we are headed towards using SS2 as our primary rig on an upcoming tour. I'm still getting comfortable with the software and it seems like there is a lot of capabilities and flexibility there but I was hoping to have a particular issue explained to me.

Are there group buttons I can create that, when sending information, will assign other buttons switches only to fixtures specified?

For example: I can have a "red" switch that automatically sends to all my fixtures the information to be red. Can I have a "Fixtures 4,5,6" switch that will make the information sent after it only send to Fixtures 4,5 and 6?

Thanks,

-Jordan
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Grouping Fixtures in a Live Situation

Post by simonB »

Hi Jordan

Good to hear you're enjoying the new Suite 2 software. You can use the "REC" button to have a switch only apply to your selection of fixtures. A temporary "Live" button will then be created and will appear in the buttons frame of the fixtures window.

You can also embed the fixture selection inside of a particular scene or switch by using the "Embedded inside the Button" tab. Once an "Embedded inside the Button" live action has been made, a button press will only be applied to the recorded selection of fixtures regardless of what fixtures are currently selected within the fixture window. This useful if you need to keep coming back to a particular button without having to remove and re-create your "Live" button every time.

For more information, see the "Live Control with Groups" video tutorial at www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv
Simon
--
Sales/Support