Questions about which functions to use.

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Mikey851
New Forumor

Questions about which functions to use.

Post by Mikey851 »

The answers to these questions may be obvious but I'm curious to know if my thinking is correct.

1. What is the difference between favorites and scenes?

Both can save all attributes on all pages at any given time provided that all pages are linked to the master page and you are creating the scene in the master page. In that situation is there any benefit to using one or the other?

2. When you change the positioning of a fixture does it automatically offset that fixture?

For instance if all moving heads point straight up and down when you click the center switch...when you reposition the moving head to the left will it offset the center point of the moving head? I ask this because I have one moving head that is continually in a different position than the others and I cannot figure out why.

3. When you change the rotation of the fixture what does that represent exactly?

If you have a moving head sitting on a table and you are looking at the front panel that you address it on....if you rotate a quarter turn clockwise is that 90 degrees change?

4. In position wizard what is invert state?

Sorry if these questions are elementary. I'm actually not really having trouble programming what I need to for my shows I just know that I'm not using the software to its full potential. Some of these things aren't really detailed as to what they do.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Questions about which functions to use.

Post by simonB »

What is the difference between favorites and scenes?
A favourite is like a macro and just saves the state of a page. There is no DMX data stored in a favourite and you cant edit the DMX data contents like you can in a scene.
When you change the positioning of a fixture does it automatically offset that fixture?
It depends where you are changing the positioning. If you are changing the positioning using the pre generated XY buttons it will override any other movement switch on that fixture. You can change the switch priorities if you want to create something relative
When you change the rotation of the fixture what does that represent exactly?
Are you talking about the rotation in the 3D or fixture window? The rotation in the fixture window is for display purposes of multi-beam fixtures. EG if you have an LED bar with 8 beams and you want to view it vertically in the fixture window, you can rotate it 90 degrees
In position wizard what is invert state?
This inverts the selection
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Mikey851
New Forumor

Re: Questions about which functions to use.

Post by Mikey851 »

Ok, haha....I was overthinking all of it. I was thinking the position wizard was to actually tell the software how the fixture was oriented and that it would affect things such as moving head positions and patterns.

All it really is for is easy selection when programming. Thanks Simon.