DMX Timing Problem Coef, Sunlite BC Interface

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

DMX Timing Problem Coef, Sunlite BC Interface

Post by Tschosef »

Hello,

i am a little bit angry now :-) because i have trouble. I spend verry much time to solve the problem, but its not possible for me to find it.

yesterday, we build our whole setup because i want to do the whol programming work of light show. But since yesterday i am searching to find the dmx problem.
Now, i did some tests and i did compare the funktionality with SGM Scan Control (our old DMX Controler) and also LUMAX DMX output....
In both cases the Coev Disco Performance RG 250 Scanners are working fine.

But if i simply connect the DMX Line to the Sunlite BC Output device and conect it to usb, the coef scanners begin to flicker and judder....
Also if i performe a dmx output the flickering and juddering is active.

I am not able to solve this problem.
A galvanically insolated DMX Swich is not solving the problem
Changing the DMX Adresses to low values is not solving the problem

Also if i simply connect ONE Scanner to the Sunlite device the problem is still allive !!

I tried to change the hardware settings of the sunlite... but actually, on the fast I can not see any change in the problem

Please help me !!! do you have a idea, how to solve the problem??

Next week, i will measure the timing of the bc interface... may be there is a problem ....

greez
Erich
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: DMX Timing Problem Coef, Sunlite BC Interface

Post by simonB »

Hello Erich

-Download the latest softeware version and update the firmware using the tools application which can be found in the sunlite directory and windows start menu
-Select the test tab and move the faders. Do you still have the same problem?
-The DMX timings of all our interfaces conform to the standard DMX protocol so if your lighting fixture is not responding correctly it is a problem with your fixture or cable. You can change the DMX timings of the Suite2-BC from the timings tab of the tools applications. Try the different presets first.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Re: DMX Timing Problem Coef, Sunlite BC Interface

Post by Tschosef »

Hello Simon,

the dmx signal problem hase been solved by installing the new firmware..... all devices are now working well, also with fastest DMX Timing :-)
Was it a bug? I spent verry much time, to find the problem.... VERRY MUCH! (some hours)... but now i am happy... it works :-)

but now, with the new version 30.11.2011 of suite2 i have a new Problem with the MIDI Console. I will explain this in a new thread because it is off topic here.

greez
Erich