Not getting Artnet going... Help

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

spaceman

Not getting Artnet going... Help

Post by spaceman »

Hey,

I'got sunlite with a FC interface running one DMX universe for lights and trying to set up 2 more universe to run 4 Highend DL3's.
For some reason i am just not able to get Artnet running. I'm running an other software for testing purposes called Lightjams which works just fine with sending Artnet to the fixtures. the content managment softwares also hooks up with the DL3.
I've tried everything, the network is 2.x.x.x., the fixtures are properly assigned, the network is working, no firewall... I'm running out of ideas.

anyone has any ideas on what i'm missing?

J.P.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Not getting Artnet going... Help

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Spaceman,

can you tell us which version of the software you are using ?
You can see this on start up under the Suite 2 Logo, like "Dec 23 2011".

Did you activate the ethernet in the "Software preferences" -> "Output Hardware" ?

Best Gernot
spaceman

Post by spaceman »

hey, thanx for reply, I'm running december 2011 beta version, i've detected the box by deselecting the auto mode, and did a serial number lock up, so far so good, I've created a page with 4 DL3's running on 2 universes. Then I add 2 Artnet Universes below the Hardware Box in the software preference > output hardware window. my machine is 2.0.0.7, the dl3's are 2.0.0.1-4 router is 2.0.0.255 .
that's where i have a problem, Hardware DMX is working just fine, but i'm not getting anything on Artnet...
spaceman

Post by spaceman »

i've got the dec. 2011 version and a FC interface, i've set up the hardware and added 2 Artnet universes..(this is a short answer, don't know if my previous reply has been posted)
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Spaceman wrote:
this is a short answer, don't know if my previous reply has been posted
Since you are a new member to the forum your first 5 postings have to be "approved" by a moderator,
this was necessary due to the huge amount of spam.
hey, thanx for reply, I'm running december 2011 beta version, i've detected the box by deselecting the auto mode, and did a serial number lock up, so far so good, I've created a page with 4 DL3's running on 2 universes. Then I add 2 Artnet Universes below the Hardware Box in the software preference > output hardware window. my machine is 2.0.0.7, the dl3's are 2.0.0.1-4 router is 2.0.0.255 .
that's where i have a problem, Hardware DMX is working just fine, but i'm not getting anything on Artnet...
I´m not an Artnet expert, and don´t have any Artnet fixtures on hand to test this.
I will send you the contact of Simon Bennett in a PM, please contact him directly to get your problem sorted.

Have you watch the video about Artnet on http://www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv/ already ?

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Make sure your subnet is 255.0.0.0 and your default gateway is 2.0.0.255 on your network card.
Whilst troubleshooting, disable all your other network devices (eg wireless card etc...)
Make sure windows firewall is not blocking suite2 or the default artnet port which is 6454. (an exception prompt should have popped up the first time you enabled ethernet in the dmx output tab of the software preferences). Try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if this is the problem
Simon
--
Sales/Support
raystream
Junior Forumor

Post by raystream »

do your fixtures run with artnetv1 (broadcast) or do they need artnet f2 (unicast)
RayStream - Media

http://www.raystream.de