wishes

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

wishes

Post by gabrielefx »

Hi
I think that the 2013 all led/fixture control systems will get a big success.
I'm trying to study everything about this world: lighting for shows.
In another post (follow spot) I told you: if it was possible to drive the light with an iPhone and its gps....Cast software did it! I didn't know anything about Cast company but they did it a system to drive followspots automatically! (it's not iphone based but the principle it's the same)

Ok I was thinking that an iPad is enough powerful to drive and compute dmx signals.
Nicolaudie: do an console where we can insert an iPad and you will say thank you to me.
What is a console?: it's a pc with an ups (as option) + several i/o boards: midi, dmx, audio, ethernet. The core is the software.
With iOS you can develop entirely Sunlite or another complete different software more powerful than GrandMA (or whatever) that runs on iPad.

I'm testing now GrandMA PC, no graphic but it works and many people say: it's the best software on the planet. Are you sure? It's logic illogical interface it's a panic. I used and use hundreds of complex softwares but GrandMA on PC is a non sense software....but it works and it could run on iPad because has no graphics.

Then it comes the controller. On the market we can find a lot of cheap midi controller with rgb leds, display, motorized and touch sensitive faders. None designed a programmable motorized, touch sensitive, with display and keyboard device to control dmx softwares. MA-Lighting built the PC-Command and Faders....what's the price? both devices 7000€....
Are they crazy? A bunch of buttons with leds and no motorized faders?

In China there are a lot of companies that have the technology to build the perfect controller to drive all the dmx softwares having the possibility to insert an iPad as computer. One iPad is not enough because a console has multiple touch screens? Well, we can plug multiple iPads.

It's time to miniaturize the lighting console.

Be fast, be smart.

Best regards
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: wishes

Post by simonB »

Hello, we have the EasyRemote app. Any console built will appear on the iPad. We have a new console designer coming soon.

We also have our Arcolis lighting programming app for iOS and android devices.

We have no plans to make a console integrating hardware as we are primarily a software company.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

Re: wishes

Post by gabrielefx »

simonB wrote:Hello, we have the EasyRemote app. Any console built will appear on the iPad. We have a new console designer coming soon.

We also have our Arcolis lighting programming app for iOS and android devices.

We have no plans to make a console integrating hardware as we are primarily a software company.
You saw the new Push controller?
Well, Ableton is collaborating with Akai and Ableton doesn't build hardware
Push is totally integrated with Ableton.

The GrandMA-PC wing controller is a midi controller with a dmx dongle, not more not less.

I think that your software rocks and with a dedicated controller it would compete with professional systems.