Auto save function

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Auto save function

Post by Dojec »

Is it also possible to implement an autosave function?
I did some work on the show file this weekend, yesterday I copied this file to open it today on another pc. But a lot is missing of the things I did then. Probably because I didn't saved the show file before closing the application.
With a build-in auto save function, this wouldn't have happened ;-)
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Auto save function

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Dojec,
I did some work on the show file this weekend, yesterday I copied this file to open it today on another pc.
How do you copy the file ? Just copy the show folder form one PC to the other or did you use the export/save function, and import the .shw file on the other PC ?
But a lot is missing of the things I did then.
What was exactly missing ? Buttons ? Pages ? Fixture patches ?

Best Gernot
Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Re: Auto save function

Post by Dojec »

Hi Gernot,

already see what I did wrong.
I copied the files manually via windows explorer from the source pc to the destination pc. I had overwritten the same .shw file.
While opening sunlite2 on the destination pc, I selected the showfile I was working on. But when it opened, much of the new scenes and switches were not there.
After reading your reply, I did now an import of the same file, and now everything is there.
So, I wrongly thought that just overwriting would have been enough, but it's clear now that an import is mandatory. It also created a new entry on the 'open existing show' page.
So, I still need to learn a lot :-)