Import Issues

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Import Issues

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Thank you for allowing me to post on this forum. I am using suite 2 daily and am having a few issues. I will try to be as concise as possible when conveying them to you.

1. I have a show file that has the scenes and switch names in red and they do not work. It was working last night. What did I do or what may have changed since then?

2. When trying to import show files from suite 1, It crashes every time. Is there an easier way?

3. I have some LED par 38's on a single page. These are being used as chase lights. I want to be able to have them independent of the master page so the chase lights page is not attached to the master page. I do want however to make scenes and switches in the chase page and save them "as you see now" on the master page. When i do this it works fine, until i close the show and reopen it. It then crashes when loading one of the scenes or switches.

That's all for now. I don't want to overwhelm you on the first post. Since we are using this on a daily basis I do have many questions and issues that are popping up all the time.

If I have not been concise enough please let me know ASAP so I can make my questions more specific.

Thank you
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Re: Import Issues

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Ok, I think I may have found out the issue with the buttons not working. When looking the page tab I see that I seem to have lost ALL the DMX addresses...How can i put them back in without affecting the show? Also is it possible to post screen shots?

Thank you
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Mark,

which beta version are you using and what OS ?

Best Gernot
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Hi Gernot,

I am using a Gateway Model ZX6900
With an Intel core i3 530 at 2.93 GHz
4 gigs ram, touch input
OS is windows 7 home premium 64 Bit

The Beta Ver is Nov 3
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
Lennon616

Post by Lennon616 »

Hi Mark,
I had the same problem importing shows and I´ve found a solution:
First,download the last version from web(nov,26)
Install Suite2 software on a computer running win7 32 bit------>convert all your old suite 1 shows(be shure you have all your fixture profiles in .ssl2 format)
Copy all converted shows and folders inside "_DateaLight" to a pen drive(p.e)......then you can use them on your computer running win 7 64bit without problems.
I only have experimented some minor issues( lost some compression groups etc.)
Regards.
Jose A.
Cartagena-Spain
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

1. I have a show file that has the scenes and switch names in red and they do not work. It was working last night. What did I do or what may have changed since then?
See Q4 answer
2. When trying to import show files from suite 1, It crashes every time. Is there an easier way?
This is a dialog bug with certain OS's. We are working to fix it. It currently seems to work about 50% of the time so if you keep trying, you should be able to import your show.
3. I have some LED par 38's on a single page. These are being used as chase lights. I want to be able to have them independent of the master page so the chase lights page is not attached to the master page. I do want however to make scenes and switches in the chase page and save them "as you see now" on the master page.
I don't understand what you mean here. You want to make scenes on the master page using these lights, but you don't want them to work?
When looking the page tab I see that I seem to have lost ALL the DMX addresses...How can i put them back in without affecting the show?
Basically one of our developers modified a DLL which links the scan library profiles to all our software packages. There was a bug in this which messed up all our software. All has been fixed now in 26th Nov issue. Just make sure you don't save your show with the corrupt patch.
Also is it possible to post screen shots?
Yes. Create a reply and select the "upload attachment" tab. Please resize or crop the image first
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

This is a dialog bug with certain OS's. We are working to fix it. It currently seems to work about 50% of the time so if you keep trying, you should be able to import your show.
Cool, I'll keep trying till it works
I don't understand what you mean here. You want to make scenes on the master page using these lights, but you don't want them to work?
I have the master page with scenes and switches. not attached to the master page or perhaps i should say undocked, is the par 38 page. I set up a scene/switch on the par page using just the pre programmed buttons, specifically the on, macro and chase buttons. I click on the master page to make the scene/switch reside on the master page, click the new scene/switch button and use the "as you see now" feature. so basically i create a scene/switch on a page that is not docked to the master page and save it using the as you see now feature on the master page.

It works fine until i close it and restart S2. It the hangs and crashes when it tries to load one of the scene/switches i just made. When i say load scenes etc..It happens when the S2 splash screen is up and it show the scenes etc loading.

I hope i put it in better words.

I will try to get a screen shot today.
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

We have just fixed the import bug (at last!). It was a bug inside one of the dialog components we were using. The release next week will have the fixed bug.

Regarding the second point, I can't reproduce this, video or screenshots would help.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

This is a screenshot of the corrupted patch. I hope.
crpt ptch frm.jpg
crpt ptch frm.jpg (151.08 KiB) Viewed 9449 times
Please let me know

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

When i say load scenes etc..It happens when the S2 splash screen is up and it show the scenes etc loading.
Yes, this happend to me too.
I will send the .sce to Dylan and Simon , maybe they can see what is wrong with it.
Can´t reproduce it at the moment.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Mark

Could you be any more specific on how you reproduced this? Maybe we could speak on skype and you could show me?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Skype is fine and I am on now. I have no webcam yet...I will pick one up In a few days.

markofthewild is my skype name. I believe there is an 10 hour time difference between us so we may have to set up a specific time to chat.

Look forward to it.
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

You don't need a webcam, the latest version of skype lets you share the screen. Any time between 9am and 6pm my time is good for me.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

what is your skype name?
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

@ MarkoftheWild
It works fine until i close it and restart S2. It the hangs and crashes when it tries to load one of the scene/switches i just made. When i say load scenes etc..It happens when the S2 splash screen is up and it show the scenes etc loading.
Have you tried with Beta 3. Dez. again ?
It fixed my problem with a scene on the masterpage created with the "as you see now" option.

Best Gernot