Cycles

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Cycles

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I have been needing to set up cycles for a couple of months now. I company I bought suit2 from did not have a manual and would direct to where I could get one. Thank the lighting Godz for your website!

After reading the manual I was able to setup a cycle within minutes. It worked PERFECT!

However...the time line graphics were not there. It had the larger open window where the timeline should be, but not like it showed in the manual. It was on the bottom of the window. And you could not tell which were switches or scenes. It was not very easy to change the time of the scenes and switches. It was possible but not like it showed in the manual, which in my opinion will be VERY faster to create and edit.

Am I doing anything wrong or was there a change in the GUI for cycles? If there was a change please switch it back! LOL

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Cycles

Post by simonB »

Hi Mark

There is an icon in the top right of the cycle editor which switches between list and timeline view.

Switches are added to the upper section of the cycle window, and scenes are added to the lower section.

For more info on cycles (in the "Programming" chapter), see the cycles tutorial at http://www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

There is an icon in the top right of the cycle editor which switches between list and timeline view.
I see this but it does not work. The the button i selected are actually on the time line.Meaning that the button are on the bar so to speak, that show the time and the end time. The buttons are not in the window above it.

Mind you I am not at work right now and have not upgraded to the nov 26 beta yet. i will do so in a few hours.

Thank you
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I see this but it does not work.
It works
Attachments
timeline_toggle.JPG
timeline_toggle.JPG (9.33 KiB) Viewed 6943 times
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I am probably not explaining this right. That button does work but when i switch from list view to timeline view the buttons are actually on the timeline bar...where you adjust the end time.i am unable to move the buttons from the bar.

I will post a screen shot later today

Thank you
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Here is a shot of what I am talking about. If you notice the button that are in sequence are on the actual timeline and I am unable to move them up into the window.
cycle (640x360).jpg
cycle (640x360).jpg (96.73 KiB) Viewed 6935 times
That is on the corrupted patch show.

This one is on the current show in use. I was able to see the buttons in the window but they were at the very end of the timeline and were just the switches and not scenes. As you can see the scenes are still in the timeline "bar"
cycle 2 (640x360).jpg
cycle 2 (640x360).jpg (87.84 KiB) Viewed 6935 times
Thanks You for your help
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Mark,

since the show in your first picture has lost the fixture patches it dosesn´t make sense to
investigate here, I think.

The cycle in the second picture looks O.K.
It´s correct that scenes are displayed under the timeline ruler and switches over it.
Also keep in mind that the vertical line of a switch only shows the trigger point.
The length of the block has nothing to do with to end time of the switch !

Best Gernot
Last edited by RichterMC on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Infact in the second picture, those blocks at the bottom appear to be switches!

This is very strange, I haven't seen this before. But as Gernot said, I don't want to loose time investigating a bug which is in a corrupt project. If you find it again let me know.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

In fact in the second picture, those blocks at the bottom appear to be switches!This is very strange, I haven't seen this before. But as Gernot said, I don't want to loose time investigating a bug which is in a corrupt project. If you find it again let me know.

Ok if that's how its supposed to be then no problem, however the second picture is not of a corrupted showfile. It is in use as we speak. and the blocks at the bottom are indeed scenes

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor