Chase Module

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Chase Module

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Sunlite Suite had a chase module that was very easy to use. In S2 there is not one.

I was told to use easytime effects to make chases. I was sent a video showing me how to do this but it seems to be very complicated. Is there a plan to implement the chase module in S2? This would be a feature that i feel would be very useful!

I want to upload the vid but its 40 megs.

In the meantime is there an easier way to make various chases with pars in S2?

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Chase Module

Post by RichterMC »

Hi,
I was told to use easytime effects to make chases. I was sent a video showing me how to do this but it seems to be very complicated.
If you don´t like to use easytime or easy step, you can create some switches for each par and use a cycle.
You could asign the par switches to keyboard triggers and record your chases with the cycle editor.
There is only one handicap using this approach, you can´t ajust the speed of a cycle button.
think this is already on the todo list, we talk about it some time ago.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Using the effects is the best option. The Curves effect will be most effective. To create a chase, select square and add a little phasing
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I will give it a shot

Thank You

hmmm. trying to post but it say I cannot post so soon after my last post...LOL too fast for the system
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Simon wrote:
Using the effects is the best option. The Curves effect will be most effective. To create a chase, select square and add a little phasing
I only mention the cycle approach because Mark didn´t want to use easytime.
We talked about ajusting speed of a cycle, didn´t we ?

Using the curves effects and add some phasing will only get you some random chases.
I don´t find a way to use the curve effects in the way color effects work, were you are able to let the curves run over multiple fixtures.
I miss this feature when programming water fountains, since the water fountains are only single dimmer channels I can´t use the features of the color effects.
Found a workround for this, but it would be nice to improve the curve effects in the future.

I don´t like to see the old chase module from suite 1 in suite 2 again, it´s kind of dull and not very powerful.
I think it makes more sense to improve the easytime timeline to be more flexible and add some features to the curve and color effects.
Then it will be very easy to create random and non-random chases.

@Mark
Are we talking about RGB Pars here ?

Best Gernot
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Yes RGB pars. I want to make multiple chases with multiple colors in multiple directions. More or less like we use to be able to do with the old LMX touch boards or even way before that! You used to have many different types of chases, single lights, multi lights dark etc..

I liked the old chase module because you could make multi channel chases. These of course are for par cans.

If there is a way to do this in S2 please let me know!

Thank You
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

I liked the old chase module because you could make multi channel chases. These of course are for par cans.
Are you sure you´re refer to the "Chaser rack" ? Or are you talking about the "Sequencer rack" ?

Best Gernot
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Are you sure you´re refer to the "Chaser rack" ? Or are you talking about the "Sequencer rack"
My apologies...yes I believe it was the chaser rack. I will verify this when i go to work tomorrow
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

using the curves effects and add some phasing will only get you some random chases.
set the phasing to 1 and you can create a "worm" chase effect. (but I agree it is fairly limited)
I think it makes more sense to improve the easytime timeline to be more flexible and add some features to the curve and color effects.
I agree. The developer who programmed the effects(based on the original effects generator) no longer works with us, so it will be some time before we can develop this. We need a new effect module for chases.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

The chases that Gernot sent me are FANTASTIC!! A little tweaking here and there is all they need. I added a fader to dim, speed and phaser on those that did not have them.

Is there a video on how you made these? The video i have is very basic. The chases you sent me a very unique and diverse. I would like to be able to do this myself. I understand the concept but need a little visual to help me.

I need to figure out how to change colors now. maybe setup a set of universal switches that will do it for all chases.

Thank You guys again. If you ever get to Alaska you get a beer on me, hell i get you all a lap dance from some of our ladies.
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Simon wrote:
The developer who programmed the effects(based on the original effects generator) no longer works with us, so it will be some time before we can develop this. We need a new effect module for chases.
That´s a pity. But maybe the new module will be even more powerful.
Definitely I like to see some more advance functions and features in this area.
Maybe you can add the option to use the color FX module on dimmerchannels aswell.
You only have to disable the color options. This way we could use the advance FX of the color FX module for other fixtures aswell.

Mark wrote:
The chases that Gernot sent me are FANTASTIC!!
Thank you ! Nice to hear.
Is there a video on how you made these? The video i have is very basic. The chases you sent me a very unique and diverse. I would like to be able to do this myself. I understand the concept but need a little visual to help me.
Can you send me your video, please. I like to see what´s missing.
If you ever get to Alaska you get a beer on me, hell i get you all a lap dance from some of our ladies.
That´s a nice offer... now I have to figure out how to explain this to my wife... ;-)

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Maybe you can add the option to use the color FX module on dimmerchannels aswell.
Yes this can be done..feature 106 added to the todo list...
Simon
--
Sales/Support