Fixtures page

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Fixtures page

Post by MarkoftheWild »

I have been playing with the fixtures page. I have made a representation of our stage with it and i like it but have found it is not easy to select the fixtures on the fly or fast enough. I would like to make multiple fixture page profiles so to speak. Where each one would be a different fixture setup. For example. One profile would have the stage setup and maybe one would have the fixtures in a different order to facilitate the selection faster. Just a thought.

Thanks
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Fixtures page

Post by simonB »

I wasnt sure how useful this would be, as you can currently use different fixture layouts for each page, but I guess it could be useful for pages with lots of fixtures.

Another advantage is that you can create an effect on a group rect and apply these same rect effects to fixtures in different ways because the fixture layout would be changing underneith the rect.

We are going to add tabs to the fixture layout window, you will be able to create a new tab like you create a new palette group tab and set a name for your fixture layout.

This is a fairly large fetaure that could produce some bugs, especially with the rects. It's a low priority at the moment but we'll definitely add it to suite2 eventually.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Re: Fixtures page

Post by MarkoftheWild »

simonB wrote:This is a fairly large fetaure that could produce some bugs, especially with the rects. It's a low priority at the moment but we'll definitely add it to suite2 eventually.
I agree. No need to make this a priority. I had not thought of the uses you have but i see that they can be quite useful.

On another note. I am continually watching the tutorials and experimenting with them. I feel confident that I will master S2 shortly. Hopefully to the level that you might be able to recommend me as a programmer to a client or company that may need my assistance on the west coast. Pehaps on a consultant level. This of course if you don't have anyone in this capacity already.

I am in the process of making a show in 3D and will submit it as soon as it is finished

Thanks Again!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]