Chauvet Colorstrips

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Chauvet Colorstrips

Post by MarkoftheWild »

YAY! you guys are GREAT!

When i was previously using Suite 1, under a different name from a different company these would NOT work. No matter what. I was told by then that is was a issue with the DMX refresh rate. After doing some research about DMX refresh rate i figures they just didn't want to mess with it.

I have been re programing our lights and fixing the scenes etc... that didn't import well. Minor stuff really and XY coordinates of kilter and some other small stuff. So out of the blue i decided to try to see if the color strips would function properly, as compared to just color mixing as that's all they did before. Viola` All is GREAT.

I am so glad that we migrated to S2. So far it has been a program to use.

Keep up the fantastic work guys!!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Chauvet Colorstrips

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Mark and Merry Christmas !

I got to deal with DMX timing problems recently as well.
This was a real struggle to figure out, in the end we use a DMX-Retimer and slow the DMX signal down a bit.
But this was not a fault of the Suite 2 hardware or software, we tried with Grand-MA and Hog, too.

Nice to hear that your Chauvet Colorstrips are working now.
Maybe it has something to do with the new Suite 2 interface ? Have you tested the Chauvet Colorstrips before with the Suite 2 interface
or just with the old Suite 1 interface ?

In the end it doesn´t matter, as long as it´s working perfectly how... :-)

Best Gernot
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

RichterMC wrote:But this was not a fault of the Suite 2 hardware or software
I know this. After dealing with the company in question, the company we bought that is marketing S1 and S2 under a different name, i realized that while their fixtures are great and reasonably priced, their customer support in certain areas need serious help. They like to put the blame on other companies which is why I try not to do any business with them.
RichterMC wrote:Maybe it has something to do with the new Suite 2 interface ? Have you tested the Chauvet Colorstrips before with the Suite 2 interface
or just with the old Suite 1 interface ?
I had set scenes with S1 with just color mixing as the other DMX functions didn't work and they were just imported along with all the other ones. I just yesterday tried out the other DMX functions and found that they worked almost perfect. I need to do some further testing but it would seem right now that most if not all is working fine. The only issue I was able to ascertain was with the auto sound part but i think that may have to do with the way they are installed, with the internal mic in a recess where audio may not be able to reach them
RichterMC wrote:In the end it doesn´t matter, as long as it´s working perfectly how... :-)
This is true. It will add yet another dimension of light9ing effects to our stage

Thanks Again
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

My color strips are acting wacky. This sucks because they are a big part of my show. they randomly flicker, any ideas to help?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

sounds like a faulty DMX cable somewhere along the chain. do you have each dmx line terminated with a DMX terminator? (120 Ohm, 1/2Watt resistor bridged between pins 2+3)
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

simonB wrote:sounds like a faulty DMX cable
reversed polarity? same thing sorta. Are the flashes intermittent? I used to have the same issue until i upgraded to S2.
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

No its a colorstrip problem. The older models have a known defect. http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/ligh ... strip.html

Mark, did you get new color strips since you upgraded, and are they working in RGB mode or just the color macros mode?
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

mattharris19 wrote:did you get new color strips since you upgraded, and are they working in RGB mode or just the color macros mode?
No i am using the same strips as before, we have 4 installed. They are about 3-4 years old. As for the manufacture date i don't know. Our stage usually has a lot going on so it is hard to tell if it flashes. I will be checking on it over the next few days just to make sure. They are now working ion ALL modes as far as I can tell. When did you purchase yours?
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

probably 3 years ago. Chauvet is sending me new boards that I have to install. its something to do with a chip on the board that can't handle full DMX sigmal.