Newbie Question

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

ih303

Newbie Question

Post by ih303 »

Hey Folks,

I'll apologize ahead of time if I'm posting in the wrong spot or if this has already been asked elsewhere, but for what it's worth, I did actually spend some time searching the forums and wasn't able to find what I'm after. Anyways...

My current system consists of four HES Technobeams w/ LCD Controller and four HES Trackspots w/ LCD Controller (old school, I know). I'm relatively new to the whole lighting scene, and it seems everyone I've talked to recommends controlling via usb-dmx. Recently I spoke to someone from LightParts.com who pointed me towards Sunlight as a good option for running my lights, so I looked into it. At this point I'm sold on Sunlight but need some advice.

In doing my research, I stumbled upon a dongle on DmxSoft.com that costs $420 less than the actual Sunlight dongle ($129 vs. $549). The difference between the two is that the cheaper one supports various softare packages including Sunlight 1 while the more expensive one will allow me to run Sunlight 2. So my question is this: Are the additional features/upgrades of Sunlight Suite 2 worth an additional $420?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Newbie Question

Post by simonB »

Hi

None of the DMXSoft packages support Sunlite Suite 1 or Sunlite Suite 2 (although you can purchase the Suite1 and Suite 2 packages from DMXSoft.com). DXPACK1 supports Sunlite 2002, and DXPACK2 supports Sunlite 2004.

The difference between Sunlite Suite 1 and Sunlite Suite 2 is huge. The software has been completely written from the ground up. You can download all the software from our website, or DMXSoft.com and see which one will do what you need.

I also suggest you head over to www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv and watch some of the Sunlite Suite 2 getting started video tutorials.

You're in the right place so feel free to drop a post if you have any other questions
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Re: Newbie Question

Post by MarkoftheWild »

Get Sunlite 2....It's well worth it!
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska