FREEZE AT STARTUP

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

kspehar
New Forumor

FREEZE AT STARTUP

Post by kspehar »

Hi,

We just bought Suite2-BC at Pro Light & Sound in Frankfurt. Installation on 32bit XP went well, interface functions, but the software freezes after loading all stuff that it is noted on splash screen. EasyView also loads and works, but after that Sunlite splash does not go off and the program becomes fully nonresponsive (need to be killed in task manager). Please note, that I have all latest updates on XP, DirectX and other stuff installed on the laptop.

I had SL2006 installed before but I removed it, thinking it may cause some interference with Sunlite2, but still same bug is happening.

Strange thing is, that installation on another laptop of exactly the same type (HP EliteBook 8530p) and same XP works fine.

So what is missing or wrong on my laptop to get Suite2 to run? Meanwhile SL2006 also does not recognize Suite2-BC interface, while is works with SL1024 well.

Thank you for prompt response.

Klemen
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: FREEZE AT STARTUP

Post by simonB »

Make sure you are running the latest SL2006 and Sunlite Suite 2. Having both installed at the same time is fine.Try the latest Suite 2 official release and beta.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
kspehar
New Forumor

Post by kspehar »

Dear Simon,

thank you for the reply. In the meanwhile old SL2006 started to work and honestly I don't know what I did to get it there, the fact is only, that I have used old SL2048 (not 1024 as previously quoted) during weekend and after today's try of Suite2BC box, it just started to work. :-)

Concerning SunliteSuite2 I havent mention in my first post, that I have installed both Suite2 full and Beta installations without success. Attached I'm posting links to few screenshots with camera (PrtScr was not functioning while Sunlite was frozen). I hope these may help with some hint to you. I tried also to modify _Global.xml by setting "AutoDetectInterfaces" to "0" and the splash returned a different message.

Awaiting your prompt response.

Thank you.

Klemen
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Klemen

Change "Open show dialog" parameter to 1 and start a new show. Does this work?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
kspehar
New Forumor

Post by kspehar »

Dear Simon,

thank you for the hint.
I tried with ShowOpenDialog="1" before without success, but I used the same Demo show. I completely overlooked small icons on the top right corner of the dialog box, so I actually appologize for my annoyance to you. Nevertheless I suggest you to make these icons significantly larger, because some people may use touch screens and these icons are definitely too small for thick fingers.

Now new empty show works. I will tell you about further progress on programming.

Best regards.

Klemen