Fixture offset

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Fixture offset

Post by mattharris19 »

I'm wondering if there is a way to offset individual fixtures pan channel. My setup varies depending on the venue that Im in, and some of my scans need to be offset. I know how pallets work but that doesn't solve the problem of preset circle movements etc...
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Fixture offset

Post by simonB »

In the next version you will be able to use paletts inside easytime pan tilt effects
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

Will the pallet offset the pan without restricting the easytime circle movements? Also, it would be much simpler to have a master offset, that way It would fix every scene with one setting. for example 0 pan on fixture one would be offset to 120. Then, 120 dmx values would be added to everything across the board. Lots of programs do this.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

hmm a couple of options....

You could make a switch called PAN offset. Set the pan value to 120, go into switch setting and set the priority to add to current level. Set the switch as ALWAYS on. If you dont like the switch taking up too much screen space you could make a compression called OFFSET and embedd all your offset switches for different fixtures into this. You could even hide this from view in a live situation.

Another option is to scale the pan/tilt values. Go to page settings, select Patch, click the XY icon in the top right.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

The Pan Offset Switch solution seems like the way to go. Great idea.