Still missing some options...

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Still missing some options...

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi All,

I still mis some features in console window, i can't control the rec group functions en select all, select none, ect.
Those features existed in SL2006 but not in Suite2.
I hope to see those in a next beta.

Kind regards

Gert
Don't dream your life but live your dreams!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Still missing some options...

Post by simonB »

Hi, not sure what you mean here. What is Rec Group?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi Simon,

In the fixtures window you can create groups to control buttons,
But you have pre defined groups to, select all, select none, ying yang,...
Whene i wonna link everything to my midi controller i need to be able to link the record function from te fixtures window to.

My situation is:

I have manny types of fixtures in 1 show, (Moving spots, moving washes, and scanners).
I wonna control everything with my custom sunlite bild midi controller.
Lets say i make in every page 2 buttons, 1 button turns everything red the other everything blue.
I make 3 groups: "spot", "wash", "scan".

Now i link all blue buttons from those 3 pages to 1 midi switch, all the red ones to another switch
I link the 3 groups to 3 different switches

Now in live conditions.

Everything is blue, and i only wonna change de scans to red, it would be nice i only have to select group scans with my midi switch en press the red switch.
But now thad is not possible, i always have to select the record knob with my mouse...

I hope you understand what i'm looking for...

Manny greetings

Gert
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, I see what you mean now, we will have these added in the next version.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi Simon

Happy to hear that. Whene can I aspect this new version?
I have already a new problem, Midiconsole flash mode doesn't works.
I have those 2 buttons, one turns my led pars blue the other one turns them red.
I link the blue button to a switch and the red button to a touch pad switch

I activate the blue button, they stay blue, now i wonna flash some red, i press the touch pad, they go Red, but the blue button automaticly deactivates its self.
and whene i release the touch pad they go black instead of blue.

I hope you understand me?.

Manny greetings

Gert
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Gert

This is currently not possible. I will see if this can be added but it may be difficult. Imagine you have:
-Switch1: color and pan/tilt data
-Switch2: your red flash button

When you hit switch 2, the color channel will have to overwrite the color channel within switch1 but switch1 must stay active as the pan/tilt settings must stay.

Could you set the underlying blue button as a scene?
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Simon,

Thad's strange, beceaus this option is already possibel.
But only with the mouse or with the keyboard, not with midi.
I think you miss understood me.

When you activate a color green with a movinghead, and you right click blue, they go blue until you release it, and than they go green again.
Also when you link it to your keyboard, you have to option to flash mode. this works. but with midi console you have this option to, but it doesn't works.

I hope you understand me know.

Greetings

Gert
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I see. I'll check this on Monday and get back to you
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

And Simon, anny luck of finding the problem?
It would be a big step forward for my if those 2 options would work.
As i have 2 dongles on the road every weekend.

Manny greetings

Gert
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Gert

I had a look at the MIDI flash buttons and this feature doesn't exist. You can set a midi command as a toggle but this is different than a "Flash". A Flash changes the button priorities aswel as adding a toggle. We will look at adding MIDI flash functionality soon.

Regarding the other issue, it has been sorted in the next beta which will be released today or Monday.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Simon, i've downloaded the beta this night and found some bugs:

#1. CRASH (link some groups to midi buttons inc. all off all on)
- when you simultan push all off + an other button
- rapidly push invert
- when you simultan push 2 groups (rapidly)

#2. Weel resolution Midicon weel
- whene you wonna link the weel to "fade progress" you only can select wheel resolution 1 next step is weel resolution 269 ....
- whene you wonna link the weel to "pan/tilt editor channel" it works fine

#3. Buttons linkt to midi and work with groups
- 2 colors linkt to 2 midi buttons
- activate 1 of those colors (lets say blue)
- activate rec in fixture window (with mouse or midi doen't care)
- activate 1 group (with mouse or midi doen't care)
- activate second color (with midi button)
- activate blue again (with midi button) ---> doesn't works!!
- activate blue again (with mouse) ---> does work!!

#4. Midi out only accurate as midi command setting is in "active ON - non active OFF" mode
- whene you select an other mode, "active ON - non active ON" the leds on my BCF2000 doesn't respons correct
- also when you select the on/off mode, not easy to see if the button is active or not beceaus the Leds (midi out) deosn't respons correct.

Manny greetings

Gert

-
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi Gert

Crazy reply coming up here...sorry if it is a bit confusing..
#1. CRASH (link some groups to midi buttons inc. all off all on)
Same problem with my BCF, we'll check it out
No idea as I don't have a midi con. I will have Dylan test with his when he's back off holiday.
#3. Buttons linkt to midi and work with groups
This is a tricky one......
This is because the MIDI command for the blue button is set as "on" inside active level and "off" outside active level. This is what is happening:
-You activate your blue, the console button switches on
-when you activate the 2nd colour on the selection of fixtures, the console button will stay on because the switch is still on for your unselected fixtures
-when you press your blue console trigger a second time, it will switch off, however nothing will change because this switch has been overwritten with your second colour switch
-pressing the blue console trigger again will apply the blue button onto your selected fixtures

If you don't want it to work like this, then you will need to set the hardware button on your console as a flash button if this is possible (this is possible with the BCF) and set "ON" for inside active level and "NONE" for outside active level. This way it will work like a mouse click but if you have LEDs on your console you wont be able to tell when a scene is activated or not.

I know this sounds quite complicated, but by controlling in LIVE with the console, you are controlling a colour button which can be in 2 states at the same time! I advise you create a separate set of trigger on your midi console for live triggering if you have enough and disable MIDI feedback.
#4. Midi out only accurate as midi command setting is in "active ON - non active OFF" mode
- whene you select an other mode, "active ON - non active ON" the leds on my BCF2000 doesn't respons correct
If I swap active and inactive modes around so the console button must be off to trigger a switch ON, when I trigger the switch ON with the mouse, the LED will go out on my BCF as expected. Remember that the MIDI feedback will send the controller active/inactive states programmed in the console and not the button ON/OFF states. If switch OFF is assigned to the active state then suit 2 will send the ACTIVE command to the console when you switch the button off and the LED will light up.
However I have found 1 problem:
-set inactive and active states to ON
-activate the switch with the mouse
-switch the console button OFF
-deactivate the switch with the mouse, the console LED does not light up
- also when you select the on/off mode, not easy to see if the button is active or not beceaus the Leds (midi out) deosn't respons correct.
I will see about having this changed so that suite2 sends a toggle command back to the console if the ON/OFF trigger type is used. It could still be confusing though...take this example:
-Inactive level "on/off"
-Outside active level "none"
-Your button is ON on the midi console
-Your switch is OFF in suite 2
-You switch your switch ON in suite 2.... the LED on the console will go out

Anyway..it's nice to see someone using the software to it's full potential. I argued for years to get MIDI feedback implemented!
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Geerinckx
Junior Forumor

Post by Geerinckx »

Hi simon,
No idea as I don't have a midi con. I will have Dylan test with his when he's back off holiday.
Don't need one, I haven't one either, but just try tho modify the resolution in the "Midi command settings window" when you link a midicon weel to "fade progress",
When you link the same weel to " Control pan editor channel " you can change resolution from 1,2,3,4...... But when you link it to " fade progress " you only can change it from 1,269,540,811,......... kind of a big step.

Anyway..it's nice to see someone using the software to it's full potential. I argued for years to get MIDI feedback implemented!
Absolutly! I'm currently yousing a BCF and a self bild Midi-controller (192 buttons, 10 faders, 32 touch sensitive buttons, 54 pot's).
But I'm planning to build a new one with encoders, Every buttons needs a LED, and for every 8 buttons an LCD displays thad displays what the buttons do.
I wonna control the displays with a windows program thads read's out the "\SunliteSuite2 Beta 5 May 2011\_DataLight\test\#COMMONFILE#\MidiCommand.xml" file and send the info text strings over midi to my midi-controller. But for all thad i need to know wich possibilities there are, and what i can implement and wich not. what would work for me and wich will not. thad why I'm testing every beta verry good :-)

Hoping to see some of the drawback's get implementet to get it right, you guy's have !verry! good software but you miss a good hardware controller for proffecionals.
Thad why I bild my own.

Greeting

Gert
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Yes, true but the thing is...some high end professionals don't trust a windows system for their lighting control. If we made a hardware controller specific to Suite 2 I am not convinced that we would sell enough. For now we will rely on the other MIDI manufacturers out there
Simon
--
Sales/Support
raystream
Junior Forumor

Post by raystream »

i am very interested in your self bild Midi-controller.
could you please post pictures and information about it?
what controller have you used for it?

thanx, Bjoern
RayStream - Media

http://www.raystream.de