How to add color wheel

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

jagwirez

How to add color wheel

Post by jagwirez »

I have some Chauvet Colorstrips, 4 channels. Channel 1 is to set a certain color, chase, or mode. If channel 1 is set to 215, then it is in RGB mode. Channels 2,3,4 are used as RGB channels. How can I add a Color Wheel switch to the page for this fixture?
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: How to add color wheel

Post by RichterMC »

Hi jagwirez,

I only come up with this workaround at the moment, maybe Simon got a better idea.

Go to Scan Libary Editor and open the Chauvet Colorstrips profile.
Add RGB ColorMixing to Channels 5-7. Save as "Chauvet Colorstrips Edit" or something like that.
Open a new page in Suite 2 with your new profil and patch the fixtures (they will use 7 Channels now).
Go to the page-settings and repatch Channels 5-7 to Channels 2-4 of each fixtures.
Now you have Colormixing when you edit Channel 1 of each fixture to over 215 in the colormixing switches.

You will lose 3 DMX Channels per fixture with this solution.

It wasn´t very clever from the manufacturer to implement colormixing like this in the first place,
but maybe there´s a better way to achieve RGB colormixing in Suite 2 for this kind of fixtures.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: How to add color wheel

Post by simonB »

I would just create a fixture with a colour wheel on channel 1 and RGB on ch 2,3,4. On channel 1 215 set a white colour.

If you have colours set on channel one and RGB values set on channels 2,3,4 they will add together in the preview windows which is incorrect but it won't effect what happens on the actual fixture
Simon
--
Sales/Support