Many compliments

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

Many compliments

Post by gabrielefx »

Dear Sirs,
I've downloaded your latest Sunlite2 beta and I want to congratulate you for the beautiful and powerful Sunlite interface.

Are few days I'm entering in this light fixtures world and I'm trying to understand what is the right (best) software for me.

Many programmers don't understand that the GUI is the most important software's part. A good look interface and well organized helps the users.

Some questions:
I would like to understand if Nicolaudie builds ethernet dmx interfaces. Have I to purchase the usb bundled interface and then a second ethernet dmx?

The usb interface works like a dongle protection? I don't like to have attached to the laptop too many usb peripherals: mouse antenna, external hd, midi keyboard, asio audio board, etc.

Is it possible to use the Akai APC-40 like dmx controller?

Best regards.
gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

Re: Many compliments

Post by gabrielefx »

I've found the possibility to change the console configuration...:)

Yes, the APC-40 is supported!

soon I will purchase your software the First Class Plus version because I want to use the full 3d capabilities, I'm a 3d artist that uses 3ds Max.

Sunlite2 it's a fantastic software to do 3d realtime architectural lighting simulations.

Probably in the beta the calculation of shadows is slow.

Regards
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Many compliments

Post by simonB »

Hello Gabriel

Yes you will need to buy both Suite 2 and IP interface to have DMX over ethernet. Alternatively you could get a Suite 2 FC and find an Art-Net device by a company such as Artistic Licence or Enttec. This may be a cheaper solution.

The shadow calculations in the 3D use a lot of processing power and are usually quite slow if you have more than around 8 fixtures and a few objects. It is probably better not to use the shadow rendering.
Simon
--
Sales/Support