and another Bug pan tilt 16 bit resolution

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

laserrichi
Junior Forumor

and another Bug pan tilt 16 bit resolution

Post by laserrichi »

Hi,

verfied at jun 7 and oct 31 Versions.
At the Pan/Tilt fine channels works not correct after Show new opened.
Testscene:
a slow motion of Pan or Tilt over 1minute and look at DMX Pegel you can see its work from 0-255 and spring down to 0.
After Close and reopen of Suite2 than moves not smooth.
You can see at DMX Pegel that the fine Channels not work from 0-255. You can see that bounce up and down.
Moves are not smooth and jerk.

Best regards
Richard

By the way: can you incrase the dmx resolution ? If use the speed -100 then have many DMX values omitted, at pan/tilt or Color Channels, it looks not nice.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: and another Bug pan tilt 16 bit resolution

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Richard,

nice finding. I saw this behaviour before, but never nail it down.
I forwarded it to the developers, I guees it will be fixed soon.
can you incrase the dmx resolution ? If use the speed -100 then have many DMX values omitted, at pan/tilt or Color Channels, it looks not nice.
I request this as well, but I´m not sure if this is possible, because it has something to do with the internal resolution of Suite 2 software.

Best Gernot
laserrichi
Junior Forumor

Post by laserrichi »

Hi Gernot,
RichterMC wrote:Hi Richard,
I request this as well, but I´m not sure if this is possible, because it has something to do with the internal resolution of Suite 2 software.
Best Gernot
yes i think :-) Higher resolution need more CPU Power. Ideal would be an adjustment to adapt it to the cpu or the PC.
Movinglights with large angle let it visible that make jumps. I have an LED Wash with only 8bit at 430 or 510° he knows not what to do, there are large steps and then small again. It accelerates and then decelerates it again.
At LED Lights you can see the jumps very good by Colormorphing when you make it slow. At light bulb not :-) Heattime to long ;-)

Best Richard
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

At LED Lights you can see the jumps very good by Colormorphing when you make it slow.
Yes, but only when you slow it down using the page speed dail or the button speed dial.
If you make the "colormorhing" block longer in EasyTime to make to FX slower, it will be nice and smooth.

yes i think :-) Higher resolution need more CPU Power. Ideal would be an adjustment to adapt it to the cpu or the PC.
Let´s wait for an answer from the developers, else it´s just wild guessing.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Richard,

can you send me one of your Suite 2 showfiles with some buttons showing this behaviour, please.
We try to track it down.

Gruß Gernot