Screen freeze with Magic 3D Easy View

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

avery
New Forumor

Screen freeze with Magic 3D Easy View

Post by avery »

Hi,

I'm having an issue running the 3d visualizer. The problem occurs whether I'm in demo mode or have the dongle plugged in.

I'm running Sunlite2 on one monitor and Magic 3d on a separate monitor. Everything opens fine, but when I minimize the visualizer window it always freezes the screen so when I re-open it it's just a blank white screen or has a frozen image of the minimized window.

I've tried shutting down the application and opening it back up, but it always sticks/freezes when minimized.

I'm running Windows 7.

Any assistance on this would be great as I can't do an offline programming right now without the visualizer.

Thanks
avery
New Forumor

Re: Screen freeze with Magic 3D Easy View

Post by avery »

Update.

I've uninstalled the version of Sunlite that I downloaded from the website and installed from the disk that came with the usb dongle. The visualizer seems to work fine, but now I'm having an issue with the profile for an american dj scanner not loading. When I attempt to add a page for the fixture it just says "Could not load library".

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Post by Tschosef »

Hello...
"Could not load library".
Can anyone help me out?
I had the same situation. i opend the Library by using ScanLibraryEditor.... and then i saved the fixture as a *.ssl2 Library file (Use the "Save As" function, and select the *.ssl2 file format)
After doing this, i was able to load the Library. may be it will help you?

best regards
erich
avery
New Forumor

Post by avery »

Has anyone else had problems with the frozen visualizer screen? It seems to happen every time I open another window (like a web browser) over top of the visualizer. When I try to go back all of the view ports are white and won't update. It seems like if I could refresh the screen it would fix it but there isn't an option to refresh.

Completely closing down Magic 3D and re-opening it fixes the issue until it happens again, but I'd rather not have to do this every time?

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

which versions work and which don't
Simon
--
Sales/Support
avery
New Forumor

Post by avery »

I've had the same issues with the current release and the beta release. I have not tested this on older version.

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

press ctrl+alt and click the close cross. Which dates do you see in the dialog?
thanks
Simon
--
Sales/Support
avery
New Forumor

Post by avery »

simonB wrote:press ctrl+alt and click the close cross. Which dates do you see in the dialog?
thanks
Sorry it took so long. Just got the chance to try this....Here is the info in the dialog box.

Easy View

Nov 29 2011

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, sorry but I cannot reproduce this bug. I will keep a look out for it. Let me know if you can find any pattern such as graphics card type/screen etc...
Simon
--
Sales/Support