smooth fade / long fade

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

dktechnik
New Forumor

smooth fade / long fade

Post by dktechnik »

Hi Guys,

I've got some problems left with the Suite 2.
I did a show with about 50 scenes all of them with a fade in time and a fade out time. but in some Scenes the Moving Heads are fading smoothly to an position and at last jumping a really small bit to their end position. that looks pretty ugly if you got an long fade.
And thats the next Problem. Fade times above 10 sec. are not runníng ok. Often the Movement of the Heads is much faster than the rest. I wanna have fades up to 30 sec.
I've already tried to put easy steps in the scene with the last and the new scene. This is working, but if i want to change the first scene, i have to change it 2 times...

My Setup:
MBP, Windows 7, Sunlite Suite 2 FC,
4 YPOC 250,
2 Volkslicht Z
12 LED PAR 64 RGBAW
9 Dimmer Chanels
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: smooth fade / long fade

Post by RichterMC »

Hallo dktechnik,

with which version of the software you encounter this problem ?
The version of the software is displayed at the every startup and says something like "20 Jan 2012".

There was a problem with the fine µPan/µTilt channels in an earlier Beta version of Suite 2, but it was fixed some time ago.

Gruß
Gernot
dktechnik
New Forumor

Post by dktechnik »

Hi gernot,

I had installed the final Version from the Download Page.
After installing the latest Beta this Problem is solved. But i still do have Problems with Long fades.
And sometimes Even with Short ones. Some DMX values do Not fade, some do. Even if all of them have the Dimmer activated.
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi dktechnik,

nice to hear that the update solved the frist problem with Pan/Tilt movements.

Can you explain the secound problem with the long fades more precisely and send us your show file to Simon and me.
We need to reproduce this somehow.

Gruß
Gernot