Easytime Questions

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

chrismb
New Forumor

Easytime Questions

Post by chrismb »

Hi, I had been using ESAPro but found it a bit limited as my shows became more complex.So now I'm using Sunlite Suite 2.

However, I'm finding that in a few respects Easytime is not really equivalent to EASPro. So my questions:

1) In ESAPro I can add an effect to the timeline hen drag it where I want, say 2 seconds in. However with Easytime it always snaps to the left, so I either have to add in black or to set a delay on the effect. This is so much slower to do. Can I stop it snapping to the left and drag things to the start time I want? (And I have already turned off the magnet tool).

2) I cannot get my Matrix effects playing on a group rect I have created. When I add an effect to the rect on the timeline the play (play in normal mode) button will not function. The beam state shows the rect as solid yellow and the effect will not play. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Chris
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Easytime Questions

Post by simonB »

Can I stop it snapping to the left and drag things to the start time I want?
This is not possible. You cannot have an empty space in the Suite 2 timeline. This is because each timeline loops separately and it would not be very clear where the timelines would be looping from and til if there were spaces. I understand this is a pain, but what it means is that you can have different effects running at different speeds on different channels which is not possible in ESA Pro without repeating each effect until the end of the timeline and making sure they all fit together
2) I cannot get my Matrix effects playing on a group rect I have created.
Which effect are you using and with which fixtures? I will test here
Simon
--
Sales/Support
chrismb
New Forumor

Re: Easytime Questions

Post by chrismb »

Thanks Simon. Hopefully I'll get the benefit of the way it works later!

As for the rect problem, I recreated the fixtures I was applying it to in the ScanLibrary editor and it works. Not sure what it was but it worked.

Thanks