beats and measures...

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

garyjostone

beats and measures...

Post by garyjostone »

what are the chances of being able to program in easy time/easy step/and the cycle windows using beats and measures? you could set the tempo and have it sync more easily to multimedia files/loops etc. that are rendered from audio software at a specific tempo. it shouldn't be that hard to implement and would be a hugely attractive feature for musicians who aren't nessessarily lighting engineers...or perhaps, run the dmx interface from a sequencer like cubase using the midi interface to control lights?

Post by Guest »

This is with EasyTime:

1- Build your sequence for th fist fixture (or channel)
2- Right click on the channel # (top of the screen, right below the toolbar)
3- Select "Music Pulse" or "Music BPM"
4- Copy the sequence
5- Paste to the other channels or fixtures that you want to use
6- Modify the DMX values as you want for each channel
garyjostone

Post by garyjostone »

yes...but what is "music pulse" or "music BPM" getting timing from??? from the audio??? i'll be using the club version and i'm triggering wav/avi files...how will this work???? the documentation is terrible and i'm trying to figure out if i should purchase the pro version to do what i need...i'll still be programming based on minutes and seconds, correct? i see the metronome appear when i select "music BPM" but i can't tell it the tempo and the interface still shows minutes and seconds? plus fading doesn't seem to work in this mode...i don't get it. thanks for any help you can provide...please give some more details...
garyjostone

Post by garyjostone »

when i right click and select music bmp all that happens is that i lose all the work i've done programming fades...

Post by Guest »

Yes, it is triggered by music tempo. There is now way to trigger a sequence with manual beat...
Sorry for that...