MIDI

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

JoseVisage

MIDI

Post by JoseVisage »

Which MIDI sequencers and hardware are compatible with Sunlite 2002 software. We have turned on MIDI "IN" and "OUT" in the tools menu and still have no success with MIDI. We have tried using a MOTU MIDI Express and a Layla Echo card. Could we be forgetting something? :roll: :roll:

Post by Guest »

Hi Jose,

We are currently making new MIDI functions for Sunlite 2002 software. So, MIDI triggering will be more powerfull soon. But normally, you are able to use MIDI input with the current version. You should first turn on "MIDI IN" in tools program but sometimes this is not enough. It depends on which windows your computer is running, and also which MIDI IN interface you are using. You can use several sound cards with MIDI Input feature. You need a SOUND BLASTER sound card or compatible to use MIDI (notes or MTC) triggering. An other solution is to use MIDI-USB converter. The most popular is Roland UM-II (http://www.edirol.com). It allows you to use MIDI signal through the USB port. Then you needn't a sound card to get MIDI signal, this is very useful for laptop...After that, you should specify the MIDI Input hardware from the windows control panel (AUDIO settings). We have a small program called "Midimon" which allows you to check the state of MIDI signal. I can send it to you if you want.

I hope I have been enough clear and I am looking forward to see you.