SOLUTION for, "Your graphic card is not powerful enough to run Easy View 2004"

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

djdeleon
New Forumor

SOLUTION for, "Your graphic card is not powerful enoug

Post by djdeleon »

After many different attempts to rectify the error message, “Your graphic card is not powerful enough to run Easy View 2004,” I finally found one that worked.

Go to your run command in the start menu and type in “DXDIAG” at the command prompt.

Go to the DISPLAY tab at the top of the tool menu. Make sure your DirectX features are all enabled.

DirectDraw Acceleration ENABLE
Direct3D Acceleration ENABLE
AGP Texture Acceleration ENABLE

Why these features were not turned on I don’t know. I might have inadvertently shut them off by accident.
machtl

Post by machtl »

hi,

i use a pentium4(2.4gHz, hyperthreading, 800MHz FSB), windows xp professional 2002 with SP1, directx9.0c and a geforce4 mx440 with agp 8x.

when i try to switch on the advanced view a popupwindow appear:
"Your graphic card is not powerful enough to run pojective textures"

could this be true? i dont think so...

... can anyone help me?

(i tried dxdiag and all parameters are enabled and all tests were sucessfull...)
Shep2112

Post by Shep2112 »

Machtl, have you had any luck with this problem yet?

Maybe you need to update the video card drivers?

-Eric
machtl

Post by machtl »

No, it doesn't work...

Now i use the lastest Drivers, DirectX9.0c and WinXP-SP2, but the same errormessage... :(
Shep2112

Post by Shep2112 »

That's very strange, because the requirements of the visualizer window are not very demanding. Your 440 is more than capable of handling it.

Try going to your installation folder (usually C:\SL2004) and delete easyview.ini from there. Then try loading Easy View again.

If this doesn't work, possibly try the card on another computer with a fresh installation of SunLite?
VinceC
Junior Forumor

Post by VinceC »

Ahh, the power of forums!!

I recently installed a new graphics card in the PC and got the "Your graphics card isn't powerful enough" message.

Checked this forum, found a possible solution, namely remove the EASYVIEW.INI file, tried it - BINGO! Back in business.

Thanks Shep2112!!