How to 'Take' a scan and move it again

Speak about discontinued products here such as Sunlite 2004, 2002, 2000, ESA 2007 and EasyView 2004.

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

stuartuk

How to 'Take' a scan and move it again

Post by stuartuk »

One problem I find when doing corporate shows is that I want to make small adjustments to a head position. I might press and hold down q or w and move a head -works fine. Then they move the set and I need to move it again. If I press q or w again, the Switch goes off and the head goes back to preset and I have to start all over again. Can I change it so I can move each head by pressing q or w again each time or selecting it with the mouse without resetting position? Also is it possible to adjust mouse movement resolution for more subtle control? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in anticipation, Stuart Roberts.
webguyinternet

Post by webguyinternet »

I am not a developer but I see some obvious problems with what you want. When you use the "Take" command you are actually just mapping the XY cordinates of your mouse on the screen with the XY coordinates of your fixture. The only way I can see that working is if they save the mouse screen position (and lock the mouse button down) and snap it back to that exact previous location when you issued the second take command. I'm not sure if Windows allows this?

I too have had this problem but maybe it could be a simple implementation for the final release of 2006 software.
stuartuk

Post by stuartuk »

Thanks for your input Lance. I am hoping it can be implemented in 2006 final release. I assume its' a matter of the switch remembering the previous X/Y positions - hopefully!

Stuart

Post by Guest »

This is a new feature of the 2006 sofware. If you press "Alt+Take button" the fixture moves to the previous recorded position and you can modify it.