First Timer

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

Liam

First Timer

Post by Liam »

Hi all,

I'm operating a show next week and I've chosen to go with Sunlite to operate it (my regular console was unavailable for hire). I've played around with the trial version for a couple of days and I'm still trying to get my head around it. I've read through the majority of the manual.

I've religiously used Hog 2 PC for the past three years, so learning another console is like stepping into another world for me. Anyway, just a few questions...

1) Am I able to pre-program the show with the trial version and load it up when I receive the full version of Sunlite on show day?

2) What's the best way to program a cue list? I figured that creating scenes and then plotting them into a cycle is the way to go, but am I able to create a look and record it directly into the cycle?

3) Is there any way to manipulate the current "pre programmed effects"? For example, I'd like to edit the chase button so that I have a random strobe-like effect (to achieve this in Hog PC, you'd open the effects window and edit the parameter for the intensity tab).

I have a feeling that I'm not making much sense, so I'll leave it at that for now! :)

Cheers,
Liam
Domingos
Junior Forumor

Post by Domingos »

Hi Liam

You can pre program the show with the "trial" version. Personally I don't call it trial version, the software is just one, the only question is you can't have dmx output without the interface. If your fixture's library is well build you can create your show using the 3D for visualization.

To program a cue list you can create a cycle or not, in theory you can create a complete show just in just one scene, but it is not a good idea :)
For a simple cue list with few steps you can create a scene, for more complex cue list a cycle will be the best solution.
If you need to run your cue list with go+ go- you always need to create a cycle.
To record a look into the cycle you can record it first to a scene and use it in the cycle, or click on the pre programmed switches to create the look you want and after recording the clycle you can edit it and play with the times.

You can edit all the pre programmed buttons, sometimes just playing with the speed and size can make the trick, saving you the editing time. To have access to dimmer, size and speed faders -> page/display/live toolbar buttom or per right click on the page and check "live toolbar buttom".

I hope this can help you.

Domingos