Request: Page COPY SCE OR SWI

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

musicandmore
Junior Forumor

Request: Page COPY SCE OR SWI

Post by musicandmore »

Dear ALL!
Tomorrow I will use Sunlite in professional ambiance.
But befor, I have a simple question:

I have 10 Moving Heads (Movitech SL250)
It it possible to copy Scene or Switch from a page (Cluster1: this is for the to stage) with includes 4 MOving Heads to another page (Cluster2: for the hall) which includes also 4 Moving Heads. In each case I use different SCE and SWI.
The only thing that I want copy from cluster 1 to cluster2 are color-SCE.
Is this possible?

Thank you so much for your response!

Best regards,
musicandmore
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Request: Page COPY SCE OR SWI

Post by simonB »

Right click and drag to copy a button to a different page, or shift+right click a scene and select duplicate
Simon
--
Sales/Support
musicandmore
Junior Forumor

Post by musicandmore »

Thank you for your answer!

Copy makes a exact copy. But copy does not recalculate the new DMX Channels.

Best regards,
musicandmore
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I was thinking you wanted to copy over to the master page.

You should be grouping fixtures of the same type into one page. The best thing to do would be to put all your fixtures on one page and then use the fixtures window to control the desired fixtures. You could make the same button twice and assign only certain fixtures to listen to the particular scene by using the "Save" command in the live window (have a read up on controlling fixtures live using the fixtures window in the manual if you are not sure how to do this).

If you want to keep the fixtures on separate pages, this is fine but copying a scene you have made in one page over to another page gets a little complicated. You need to copy the scene over to the master page, copy the channels and paste onto the new channels, then copy the scene over from the master page and onto the new page. To do this step by step...
1.copy the scene over to the master page
2.edit the scene on the master page
3.select "copy" (on the left)
4.highlight the channels you wish to copy (by holding ctrl and dragging across the top of the channels)
5.scroll over to the new channels and hover over the top, click to paste
6.you may have to do steps 4 and 5 several times if you have more channels than can fit across the top of the screen
7.save the scene and right click+drag over to the second page

Yes this is tedious and a bit complicated when using a lot of channels, this whole process has been made much easier in the new Sunlite Suite2(due for release this summer)
Simon
--
Sales/Support
musicandmore
Junior Forumor

Post by musicandmore »

Thank you so much for your answer.

It's not easy, but I will try it.

Thank you!