Problem after installed a new version

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

musicbom

Problem after installed a new version

Post by musicbom »

HI,i use sl512bc and i've got some problem that after i installed a new version of sunlite suite all the lighting does not work and in the sl512bc the green light is off and everytime i open the software is alway french language and then i uninstalled and then after i've installed the older beta version i've still got the same problem but some time is work a few minute after i re-plug usb cable again

Regards
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Problem after installed a new version

Post by simonB »

The language problem has been fixed, install the latest version.

For the USB...
- Make sure you select the option to install the USB drivers during the installation of the latest version.
- Don't connect your interface until the driver installation is finished.
- When the interface is connected you may see a second driver installation dialog appear, follow the steps to install.

If you hare still having problems with the USB interface detection after this, post back here.
musicbom

Post by musicbom »

Hi,I did everything as you said but i still have the same problem that all the lighting don't work so when i reconnect usb again it work fine just a few minute and then the green light in the dmx box stop flashing the all the lighting don't work again .
Help me please i have to use the lighting in a club this weekend.

Regards.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Just to claify:

- Everything was fine before the update
- After the update, you have an intermittent fault with the USB connection

A few more things to try:
1. Close Sunlite Suite, connect your interface, open up tools.exe in the sunlite root directory and update to the latest firmware
2. Try on a different machine with a different operating system

We have checked with a SL512BC and the latest version and windows 7 and it seems fine to us.
Which operating system are you using and is 32bit or 64bit?
What interface are you using? (SIUDI 6C, SIUDI8C?)

I think the chances of the issue being resolved for the weekend are slim given that it's mid-day friday now. So I would prepare a backup laptop with the orginal working system just incase.
kwiko

Post by kwiko »

hmm. I've had similar problem on last event.

1, I'm using SL512BC too. No problem till i installed SL2 (for curiosity whats up, of course...)
2, Orange box didn’t work (of course, I should had SL2box)
3, So, I uninstalled SL2 an SL2006 as well. Deleted sl2006 folder, cleaned register file
4, Downloaded CD with SL2006 from this page and install
5, after a few minutes I spotted distortion DMX signal from music.
6, problem was somewhere between Orange box and laptop. So i swap usb wire. It didn’t help ;(
Only way was reconnection Usb... Well, I closed this, that the Box Usb connector has been broken --> Hello servis ;c(

But now, I’m not so sure
kwiko

Post by kwiko »

Problem sorted out by re-instaling WinXP. Interface works well. Windows is crap...
sahilkochhar

Post by sahilkochhar »

I am having this same issue. Any fix for Windows 7 or is windows xp the only option? I have tried uninstalling everything, but it still doesnt work anymore. my lights on the interface flash and the lights don't respond.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

are you using the same interface?
are you using 32 or 64bit windows 7?