Problem writting a show using Moving heads

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

robcurrie

Problem writting a show using Moving heads

Post by robcurrie »

Hi
I need some help with a problem that i have with sunlite1. I am using it for a theatre show, and during a few scenes we use some PRXS250 moving heads, the programming is fine but after a scene with the heads they do a strange quick strobe and move to INIT position, this is regardless of whether I use fades and try to control the dimmer on the new scene after heads scene, and ideas anyone??

Thanks
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Problem writting a show using Moving heads

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Robcurrie,

can you give us some more details about your setup, please.

- Software version ?
- USB Interface + firmware version of interface ?
- what fixture profil are you using for the PRXS250 moving heads ?

Does the problem occur in "Easy View 3D" as well or just in the real world ?
and move to INIT position, this is regardless of whether I use fades and try to control the dimmer on the new scene after heads scene, and ideas anyone??
I didn´t understand this part, can you explain some more precisely, please.

Best Gernot
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

Hi
Yes sure, Its Sunlite version 1. The USB interface is EC, firmware version - I will need to check (I think original firmware)
The profile is the PR XS250 standard mode from the Sunlite website.

The problem seems to be inbetween scene changes. If I have used the moving heads in say scene 4 in master page, I then move on to scene 5 but when I do this the heads strobe and then move to there start position (or INIT position - smae position when you turn them on). Its like they seem to be recieving some information for dimmer channel when they should have.

Thanks
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Robcurrie,
Yes sure, Its Sunlite version 1.
O.K. can you go to the "?" menu and choose "About..." , please.
On the appearing splash screen you will see a date, like "Dec 13 2010",
can you post this here please.
Windows Version ?
The problem seems to be inbetween scene changes. If I have used the moving heads in say scene 4 in master page, I then move on to scene 5 but when I do this the heads strobe and then move to there start position (or INIT position - smae position when you turn them on). Its like they seem to be recieving some information for dimmer channel when they should have.
Is this reproducible everytime you change the scene or does it only occur intermittent ?
Does the problem occur in "Easy View 3D" as well or just in the real world ?

Best Gernot