Hotkeys limit (and/or additionall addon)

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

sunlitedmx512

Hotkeys limit (and/or additionall addon)

Post by sunlitedmx512 »

Dear members and staff of nicolaudie,

Greetings to all. I have a question as to what the limit is regarding the amount of hotkeys that is allowed in sunlite is. Let me rephrase that. I would like to know what the amount of non-recurring hotkeys are. So far, I can only get about 82 keys after testing. 'F' keys are disabled by default due to sunlite needing it. What other keys are allowed besides the basic upper and lower case alphabets (52), misc symbols (20) and numbers (10); a total of 82. It seems that page settings allow ascii for it's trigger.

Hence, I would like to know if there are any other keys that I can use to widen the range of the amounts of keys that I can bind? I have quite a few shows, therefore, I'm in a of a situation if I am unable to use hotkeys for the amount of things that I want to do. Is there perhaps a plugin that allows me to have more hotkeys (or custom/combination hotkeys)?

Sincerely,
Tony
dylan
Maxi Forumor

Re: Hotkeys limit (and/or additionall addon)

Post by dylan »

Hi,

there is no possibility to use combination hotkeys, it's like you describe so ~80 keys.
I think for your project, the best solution will be to use a midi keyboard (or 2, 3....), like this you can have more than 500 keys !!!
------- Dylan --------