Plz help. How to add 3 pars on stage all with same chanel no

Sunlite Suite, the lighting control software which even outshines most of the consoles available on the market !

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Plz help. How to add 3 pars on stage all with same chanel no

Post by stonehedge »

Hi,

A simple question please. I have a dmx dimmer pack (6 channels x 4kw per channel), to control my par cans using dmx. Now the pack has 6 channels. On each channel will be 4 pars.

So my question is how do i create a page on which there are 12 pars but every 3 pars is only a representation of 1 channel. In other words. If the value on channel 1 goes up. Simultaneously all three pars should go up in the 3d vizualizer. In simple terms 3 pars are grouped to 1 channel number. So channel 1 = 3 pars on 3d stage. channel 2 = 3 pars on 3d stage and so on.

Please help.
Thanks.
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Re: Plz help. How to add 3 pars on stage all with same chane

Post by stonehedge »

Can someone please help or give me a hint. I read the manual but cant locate any relevant info. It doesnt look like fixture grouping can do what i want ?

Thanks
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Hi, you need to manually patch extra pars within the 3d visualiser. More info on this can be found here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Js2LoL.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Post by stonehedge »

I tried it but its very confusing. Theres just one para that tries to explain what should be done. Can someone just give me a short keyword like answer as to what i should do step by step. That would help me very much.

Thanks
N.Webber
Junior Forumor

Post by N.Webber »

First, just to be clear, duplication of fixtures only needs to be done in the visualizer.
Actual fixtures can be multiplied by connecting to the same dimmer channel (within the dimmer's power limits)
or by running aditional dimmer/s allocated to the same DMX address as the first.

If you want the visualizer to show multiple fixtures running on the same DMX address, this is what you should do.
Change the visualizer into construction mode, open the fixture window and highlight the specific fixture you want to duplicate.
Then click on the Duplicate button (upper right of the fixture table) and this will create an additional fixture/row at the bottom of the table
(you can continue duplicating to match the number of 'copies' you need of that fixture).

Now you can highlight each of the new duplicates and edit their position and other attributes separately.
The only common feature of this new 'group' is that they will follow the intensity/dimmer of the original fixture.

Hope this helped…

:)
http://www.boniton.co.il
http://www.bt-12.com Balanced Tilting Sounds Better...
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Post by stonehedge »

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I will try making a patch the way you described and revert to you if i run into any question.

Best Wishes