Duplicating fixtures

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

dcproductions

Duplicating fixtures

Post by dcproductions »

I wish to control 4 parcans one one DMX channel.

First I tried duplicated another three parcans from the original parcan. I successfully achieve this, however everytime Easyview updates is fixture instrument schedule, it clears all duplicated fixtures.

Is there a way around this? any patching that can be done on sunlite to enable me to control 4 pars from one channel?

I.e this is what I'm trying to achieve

DMX ch. Par #

21 1+2+3+4
22 5+6+7+8
23 9+10+11+12
24 13+14+15+16

Cheers,
Light like you have never lit before.... but somehow know how to do it really well....

.... Maybe that should say "light like you have been doing it for years but still really enjoy it and therefore do an awesome lightshow. yeah. awesome."
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Duplicating fixtures

Post by simonB »

everytime Easyview updates is fixture instrument schedule, it clears all duplicated fixtures.
This is because it takes the fixtures from the software, as the duplicated fixtures do not exist in the software and you are telling easyview to get the patch from the software, the fixtures will disappear. I advise you manually patch everything in easyview and not take any patch from the software. This will also allow you to use the same fixture layout with different shows.
Simon
--
Sales/Support