Fixture Creation Little Help Needed

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Fixture Creation Little Help Needed

Post by stonehedge »

Hi Guys,

Can you please help me correct 2 small issues im having with my fixture profile.

I have a moving head with 13 channels. All channels have been correctly created in the profile. Everything checks out right with the actual head and corresponds correctly except 2 channels. The GOBO SHAKE channel. The problem is that the visualizer shows the gobo shake in the wrong manner. The gobo shake channel is a fader which is from 0 - 146 which makes the gobo shake from slow to fast. But in the vizualizer the button dimmer causes it to shake from fast to slow. Inverted. The real head is working correctly, that is when i rise the dimmer the gobo starts shaking faster as it supposed to. But in the vizualizer its inverted and shows it starting out fast and slows down as i raise the dimmer slider.

The second problem is with the PAN/TILT SPEED channel. Even there the dimmer is reversed. I mean 0% means the heads pan and tilt fast and 100% means the pan and tilts are very slow.

These 2 might sound very simple but very counter intuitive when working creatvely on scene creation etc. Id greatly appreciate anyone helping here. Im sure you guys can help. Almost 5 channels had problems and i corrected them myself but its taken me 7-8 days of work on this profile to get this far just to create the fixture .ssl, instead of working creatively with this software, im spending days just ironing out the problems and creases. I cannot imagine how programming the show will be.

Regards
Fisherman
New Forumor

Re: Fixture Creation Little Help Needed

Post by Fisherman »

Hey stonehedge,
But in the vizualizer the button dimmer causes it to shake from fast to slow.
This is very easy: you have to change your preset for gobo shake: at "minimum frequency" you have to set a lower speed than at "maximum frequency". If not, try a higher speed than at "maximum frequency".
I mean 0% means the heads pan and tilt fast and 100% means the pan and tilts are very slow.
Same as "gobo shake"

Regards
stonehedge
Junior Forumor

Post by stonehedge »

Hi Fisherman,

Tried all that. Still doesnt work.

Regards
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

This is a bug in EasyView. The gobo shake works correctly in EasyView 2006 (which is not compatible with Suite 1 unfortunately).

As for the pan/tilt speeds, it is only possible to display the default pan tilt speeds set within the profile. It is not possible to visualize a speed change using a speed preset. I would like to have this function integrated in the future.
Simon
--
Sales/Support