Custom objects editor

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

ArnHue
New Forumor

Custom objects editor

Post by ArnHue »

Is there any documentation how the custom objects editor works? I'm almost desperate because of it! - I'm trying to create a easystrech projection cloth. It consists of 30 points and when I placed these points loosely for the first time, an object could have been buit. Then I moved some of these points to more precise coordinates... and the editor showed the error message "could not build this oject". When I move some of these points back, an object can be created again - perhaps!

What's the problem? It seems to be just a matter of luck if it works or doesn't.
ArnHue
New Forumor

Re: Custom objects editor

Post by ArnHue »

By the way, I'm using Magic 3D easy View Beta from 27 Aug 2012. I've tried with the regular release form 21 May 2012 as well. But here the custom objects editor seems not to work...
ArnHue
New Forumor

Post by ArnHue »

O.K. apparently the custom objects editor just doesn't like symmetry. When I shape the object a little bit asymmetrical - it works! Too bad that designes often plan symmetric stages... ;)
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

you need to make sure that the lines aren't getting crossed. If they are not and you sitll have the error, send em a screenshot of what you're trying to draw
Simon
--
Sales/Support