AMD/ATI Graphic adapter Compatibility Bugs?

Easy view 2006, the ideal “3D real time” simulation to visualize stage and lights simultaneously !

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

flyingbird

AMD/ATI Graphic adapter Compatibility Bugs?

Post by flyingbird »

Hi @ all,

I'v downloaded a new version of EasyView to do some 3D simulate(Ver.23 Sep 2013 & Ver.28 Jan 2014) recently, but found strange things:

When I only add fixtures into stage window it looks well. but everytime when I attempt to add some 3d object into stage window, after I click "OK", then the stage window looks freezing, nothing show up in the stage window. And if I save the stage file then the next time I open EasyView, the stage window will freezing still!

I tried these in my notebook HP-ProBook4421s with a HD530V Graphic adapter and windowsXP OS with SP3,directX9.0C.
Then I tried same things in my another notebooks either:
a SONY notebook with I3 CPU and HD3000 Graphic core in it,windows7 OS with SP1,directX10;
a toshiba notebook with pentium CPU with 915GM GraphicChip,windowsXP OS with SP3,directX9.0C;

Unexpectedly ,this time EasyView works well! Nothing strange happened!

I once thought this is due to OS problems in my ProBook4421s until yesterday,I setup EasyView in my another PC With a HD6750 Graphic adapter.Then the problem came again!(This PC is windowsXP OS with SP3,directX9.0C)

So I found one thing in commom: this problem only happen in a computer with AMD/ATI Graphic adapter(HD530V & HD6750) and windowsXP OS with SP3,directX9.0c,(I didn't test a win7 PC with AMD/ATI Graphic adapter yet)

To comfirm my conclusion, I found out a old version of EasyView(Ver.21 May 2012) to do same things in all my 4 computer again. This time they all works well!Nothing strange happened!

I'v tried every possible config in my catalyst control center to see whether Graphic driver has some problem.But nothing changed after all---Only EasyView works not well, even other more complex 3D games works well in these two computers.

So I think maybe it's a Compatibility bug only in EasyView Ver.23 Sep 2013 & Ver.28 Jan 2014,and must be run in a PC with AMD/ATI Graphic adapter and XP.

Is there anyone met these also?Or maybe someone can give some advice or solusion, I'll appreciate for that very much!
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: AMD/ATI Graphic adapter Compatibility Bugs?

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Flyingbird,

sorry that we approve your post so late.
If you need help fast, it´s a good idea to send a PM to "SimonB" here at the forum.
I would test myself, but I have no systems with an ATI card around and no XP as well.

Best
Gernot
flyingbird

Re: AMD/ATI Graphic adapter Compatibility Bugs?

Post by flyingbird »

Hi RichterMC ,
Thanks for reply .I'd like to send a PM to SimonB,but I've got thease messages below in my "Compose message Panel":

“Compose message
We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate
more to be able to use this feature.”

So maybe you can help me to send my questions to SimonB. I'll appreciate for that very much! Thank you.