STICK1 fade time

Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, dylan, Ben

jimp
New Forumor

STICK1 fade time

Post by jimp »

Fade time between scenes is always less than half of the time setup in the cofiguration tool or by using the touch panel entry. Also the transition is not smooth. For example, I have a static white scene at 255,255,255 RGB and I have a 90 second fade selected to a 0,0,0 RGB scene. The fade will run visibly steppy and completely transition, to in this case black, after only 23 seconds. However a DMX scene timeline running a slow ramp up or down works very nicely, smooth and time accurate. Using firmware 1.18. Scenes created with ESA Pro (Beta) May 4 2011.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: STICK1 fade time

Post by simonB »

Thanks for this bug report. I'm surprised it hasn't been found until now as 1.18 has been available for over 4 months. It will be fixed in the next firmware update
Simon
--
Sales/Support
jimp
New Forumor

Post by jimp »

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to mention that the scene indicator lights on the touchpad do continue to flicker during fade transition for the complete duration of fade, in this case 90 seconds although the actual transition was complete after 23 seconds.
jimp
New Forumor

Post by jimp »

I have now installed the new firmware 1.19 and fade durations are still wrong. For example, I have fade duration at 20 seconds. LEDs at 255 then select a scene at 0 level . The transition to off takes about 6 seconds.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

firmware 1.19 is a beta firmware, therefore there are many versions of 1.19. Once 1.19 is included with an official software release, the fade times will work correctly
Simon
--
Sales/Support
jimp
New Forumor

Post by jimp »

OK. It's ayear later and I have now installed the May 2012 release of 1.19 and fade times are still not right. I entered a fade time of 25 seconds and with lights nearly 100% on, a fade to all off last scarcely 4 to 5 seconds. As before, the led on the control continues to blink during the 25 second transition but the dimming certainly is not working any where close to the way it should.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Please try the firmware with the latest ESAPro beta which can be downloaded here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/files/EsaPro.exe
Simon
--
Sales/Support
jimp
New Forumor

Post by jimp »

This is the same firmware I already have. i reloaded it just for fun. Same results. A preset with all colors at 255,255,255 transitions to a preset with all colors at 0,0,0 in about 5 seconds while the transition is set to 20. The indicator on the panael continues to blink for the full duration of the transistion but the actual fade is not even close to working properly!!!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Sorry, I sent you the wrong link. The beta can be downloaded here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/fil ... robeta.exe
Simon
--
Sales/Support
jimp
New Forumor

Post by jimp »

Thanks! Much better! This does work. Can I toss out another suggestion? How about curves for the fades? Appears to currently be linear.. how about S-curve or logrithmic??? I realize such things would best be done in the DtoA driver stage, but since that is not an option I have seen yet...
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

We're thinking about this for the future
Simon
--
Sales/Support