DMX Pins

Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, dylan, Ben

Robrien

DMX Pins

Post by Robrien »

Hi, I recently purchased a STICK-KU1 with the impression that the tutorials would guide me through what I needed to connect the STICK to as regards lighting. I am new to lighting control and I am trying to figure out what exactly the 'DMX + and -' pins on the terminal are supposed to be connected to? I am trying to control a strip of RGB lights. Do I need a need a controller box that has an RGB input and a DMX output?

Also, Is is possible to see the lights run your scene while the STICK is still connected to the computer or does the STICK have to be disconnected from the computer and using external power to run your downloaded scene?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
Rory
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: DMX Pins

Post by simonB »

Hello Rory

The STICK is a DMX controller. DMX is not power, it is just a data signal. To use DMX with RGB led strips, you need a DMX Driver. A DMX driver is a box that you connect to your mains power supply. It has a DMX input and a power output to connect your LED strips to. The DMX driver you need depends on what type of LED strips and how many you are connecting.

You can see the lights react to your scene in real time whilst the STICK is connected to the computer and you are programming your lights.
Simon
--
Sales/Support