RGBA Mixing

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

ColinH

RGBA Mixing

Post by ColinH »

Hi there,
I am currently working with some RGB+Amber LED lights using ESA PRO and the STICK interface. The program seems to be able to mix RGB+W internally but I can't see any setting for RGB+A even though i've selected the generic RGBA fixture.

The question is! Is there anyway of mixing RGBA natively in ESA PRO or do I need to work out the levels externally.... and...... if working out externally, any idea where i'd find something to convert from RGB to RGBA? I've had a look and can't find a thing

Any help much appreciated

Colin
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: RGBA Mixing

Post by simonB »

Hi Colin

It is not currently possible to visualise an RGBA fixture in ESAPRO. The best thing to do for now would probably be to treate the white fader as an amber fader and control this manually. If you go to options->set RGBW options and check "manual adjustment of the white channel" you can adjust the white fader manually. There may be a driver out there which accepts RGB values and automatically adjusts the amber fader, I don't know of one myself though. I hope that soon ESAPRO will support amber fixtures.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ColinH

Re: RGBA Mixing

Post by ColinH »

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that was the case as I couldn't find anything obvious.

As for the second question... Does anyone know an online RGB to RGB+Amber convertor. As I'll be programming the colours blind, it's a little hard to imagine the effect A will make on the output. I've hunted around but can't find anything obvious all it would need would be to convert say intitial values of R:221,G:112:B:23 to R:121,G:131,B:11,A:54

....Any clues!?