Help with STICK

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Bewildered

Help with STICK

Post by Bewildered »

I'm not certain if anyone is having the same problems I am but I'd love to know if there is a solution.

We put a STICK in to control a small LED display system, 120channels simle color changing and fades, no fancy triggers, just simply run scene w at time x and run scene y at time z.
I have everything on a global area, there are 12 scenese total mapped to pages A & B and set to run depending on the Date.
Should be pretty straight forward.

It's been in place for a year now and I don't think it's managed to operate for more than two weeks without locking up. I've tried beta versions and continuous upgrades on the device and even put a different STICK in place with the same stability issues. I thought maybe since the show file had been carried over for a few versions that it was possible there was some bug there, so I re-wrote everything, and programmed in all the show times required and now it won't trigger at all.
The blackout show is setup using the One Day Radio button in From it has the month and day is set to all.
The scenes are set to trigger at say 6pm and run from friday to thurs so I selected settings and picked the date range I want. Shows are setup to always loop.
I find the documentation quite scattered and lacking.
Normally I'd just look and get another product, but it appears that a good portion of the items out there are all based on the nicolaudie platform, so I would expect similar behavior from them.

Are there any common conditions that cause a STICK to lock up?
Are there known issues with certain procecssor / operating system combinations on the USB drivers?
Are there any features in the Calendar that are known not to work well together?

Thanks in advance for any information or experience others can share.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Help with STICK

Post by simonB »

I'm sorry to hear the STICK is causing difficulties.

Are there any common conditions that cause a STICK to lock up?
With the latest firmware the STICK should not lock up. In some cases, the SD card has caused the unit to malfunction, have you been using the same SD card since the beginning? It may be a good idea to try and replace this.

Are there known issues with certain procecssor / operating system combinations on the USB drivers?
The STICK should be fully compatible with 32 and 64 bit windows xp,vista and severn.

Are there any features in the Calendar that are known not to work well together?
Not that I have heard of. The STICK doesn't contain a battery so if it loses power for more than 10 minutes, the clock will be reset, maybe this is causing scenes to now be triggered at the correct time?

Some STICKs were unreliable when the product was first released 1 1/2 years ago but no issues have been found with any serial numbers over 1500 running the latest firmware (1.13).

When you say it locks out, is this just the DMX output or do the LED's on the SITCK also freeze?

If you e-mail me your show, I'll download onto a STICK I have here and leave it running for 3 weeks to see if it freezes.
Simon
--
Sales/Support