Caution Message from Microsoft when downloading

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Chris

Caution Message from Microsoft when downloading

Post by Chris »

Hello There,

I am a newbie to lighting, this program and forum, so please bear with me. I primarily handle our company marketing, website, monument and lobby digital signage, etc., so I'm fairly tech savvy, but I have not worked with this program and/or other lighting programs.

The program has already been installed and was previously working, etc. I have inherited the job of editing/changing the current sequence and was told that I should download Esa Pro and then connect the STICK via usb into my pc to modify/edit.

After I download the program from the http://www.nicolaudie.com site and I try to execute ESA Pro is where I run into problems. It allows me to download the program (in both run and save modes), next I check the utility driver box in the setup wizard (uncheck html manual), and then it gives me a caution msg like:

"Caution (with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark) this logo has not been approved by Microsoft XP and may cause permanent damage now or in the future to your computer. Microsoft recommends stopping installation now."

I tried to download and execute 3 different times, but received the same message. I have not tried it on a laptop yet, as I would be primarily using the functions of the STICK and plugging that into my desktop. Please let me know how to proceed...Is there a patch?

Thank you
Chris
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Caution Message from Microsoft when downloading

Post by simonB »

This message appears when you install most drivers on windows XP. There is no problem, click "continue anyway".
Simon
--
Sales/Support