Internal clock out of sync?

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Janjanjanjan

Internal clock out of sync?

Post by Janjanjanjan »

Hello!
I´m having some problems with a light installation where the Slesa-U7 is the controlling devise. It´s controlling the light of the entrances of a housing area. and I´m not there to monitor it.

It seems as the internal clock is not in sync after resetting (unplugging the power supply and plugging it again). Could that be the internal battery that is at fault? I read that one of the features was: "- replaceable and rechargeable battery". What does that mean? Is it recharged as the Slesa-U7 is plugged in, or what? Could the battery already be run out? I´ve bought the Slesa-U7 in February 2011 and it´s been connected since then. Does the battery need to be switched out, and if so, how often, and is it a special rechargeable type?

And, is there a way of finding out what the Slesa-U7´s current clock settings are? Or is the only option to "set" the time and hope for the best?
I´m now using the ESA Pro software.

Best regards
Jan Stenberg
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Internal clock out of sync?

Post by simonB »

Hi, I think I have replied to your mail already. Let me know if not
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Tof0027

Post by Tof0027 »

hello i have the same problem with 2 slesaUE7

Help me please
RosellaSuism

Internal clock out of sync

Post by RosellaSuism »

The clock after a short amount of time freezes Loses sync. For example clock displays 12:23PM when actual time is 1:30PM. You have to close out YoWindow the re open YoWindow for clock to synch up with the correct time. Then the cycle starts again. The clock function/display Constantly loses Time Synch.
http://www.elitelux.ru/ Хочу купить в интернет магазине кошельки женские итaльянские
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi RosellaSuism,

If your scenes are not triggering at the correct time it could be because your interface is not holding the correct time. Often this is caused by a faulty LIR2032 battery. You can test this using the method below.

Test your dmx interface is holding time :

1) Set the time in HardwareManager. HardwareManager is provided with your dmx programming software.
2) Unplug the device from all power sources : USB cable, Euroblock connectors etc.
3) Leave it for some time (e.g. 30 minutes to 1 hour) in a similar temperature that the device would normally operate in. The voltage in lithium ion batteries drops in cold temperates.
4) Reconnect the device to your PC and check the time in HardwareManager.
5) Is the time still correct? If not, replace the LIR2032 battery. Do not replace with a more common CR2032 as these could leak when trickle charged and cause damage to your DMX interface.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support