Bad Network Configuration

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

tpm
New Forumor

Bad Network Configuration

Post by tpm »

Just got a feedback from a customer wanted to use the Lightpad App with STICK-DE3 on an Android device for the first time.
The app now gives the feedback: Bad Network Configuration.
Any experience on what part the failure may occure? Network or DE3?
DE3 firmware was the current available in August 2015.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Bad Network Configuration

Post by nick »

Hi,

This is most likely a network issue, but I would recommend that your customer updates to the latest firmware 1.10.
https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... anager.exe

Key things to check with your customer:

1) Is the Stick-DE3 and Android device within the same network range? This usually means the first 3 numbers in an IP address must be the same, though this is not always the case.

You can find out the IP addresses of your Android device and Stick-DE3 by doing the following:
a) IP address of the Stick-DE3.
i) Press and hold standby button to access Settings
ii) Ethernet (E) > Right page button (Grey rectangle under screen)
iii) Press right scene button until you see IP address from the list.
iv) Press standby button to restart device.
You can also see the current IP address by connecting to it from a PC using HardwareManager and going to Ethernet Options.
b) IP address of Android device. This can be found by going to Android Settings > Wifi > (Router Name) > IP Address.

2) Can the customer ping the Stick-DE3 from their Android device? I recommend they download 'Ping' from the Play store to test this. Enter the Stick-DE3 IP address and ping it.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support