[Feature Request] Dimer all channel mask as in ESA2

ESA PRO combines the ease of use of the Easy Stand Alone software and new powerful tools required by the latest LED fixtures

Moderators: simonB, nick, TomHat, florent, Ben

Serhioromano

[Feature Request] Dimer all channel mask as in ESA2

Post by Serhioromano »

When I tried ESA PRO I was so excited, mainly because it does not break my scene every time I save it and allow at any time come pack and edit it. That is important for me because i have to do A LOT of adjustments to fit it perfectly. And in ESA2 every time I have to recreate scene and regenerate it. In ESA PRO, I just edit it, change some timing settings and that s it.

But later I've discovered very serious limitation which force me again to use ESA2.

I am animating dry fountain with valves. So I have 2 rects one is light (rgbw) for every nozzle and other single channel valve. To operate with valves I use curve effect. In ESA2 I could apply to light color matrix and for the same group of fixtures curve effect as dimmer all. Absolutely the same curve effect for valves channels. In result I get light that is highlight nozzle only when valve is open and at the same time it has some matrix effect.

But in ESA PRo curve effect only have 3 channels to set and there is no Dimmer all or anything like this. SO I cannot apply this technique.

Would be nice if I could in ESA PRO2 or even next version of ESA PRO.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: [Feature Request] Dimer all channel mask as in ESA2

Post by nick »

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to check if this is possible in ESA Pro 2 (early alpha) as we are no longer updating ESA Pro v1.

> To operate with valves I use curve effect. In ESA2 I could apply to light color matrix and for the same group of
> fixtures curve effect as dimmer all. Absolutely the same curve effect for valves channels.

I am sorry I do not quite understand the setup. Could you explain this with some screenshots and/or an .xep file?

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Serhioromano

Re: [Feature Request] Dimer all channel mask as in ESA2

Post by Serhioromano »

I've attached example project and XEP.

First 5 fixtures RGBW light, that highlights every fountain nozzle. Next 5 fixtures are single channel that will be used to control nozzle valve.

The main idea is that although I applied rainbow effect for light fixtures, works only that fixture where nozzle is opened (white). I made it by applying curve effect absolutely identical for both groups for dimming all.
Attachments
example.zip
(10.08 KiB) Downloaded 283 times