OS/HW/SW compatibility w/sunlite 2 Ethernet interface

SLESA-U7 - SLESA-UE7 - SUITE2-FC

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, dylan, Ben

darkmas
New Forumor

OS/HW/SW compatibility w/sunlite 2 Ethernet interface

Post by darkmas »

Hi. I have searched all around your website and I am unable to find the answer to my question. So here goes:

I have a client that uses sunlite suite for their venue and it's time to upgrade to a SUITE 2 FC and run it over ethernet. However, there will a period of transition to SUITE2 and once that's done we may still want to use the old SUNLITE from time to time. Accoring to your FAQ, it says that the interface is compatible with both: "Orange interfaces with SD card slot : ESA, ESA2, ESAPRO, SUITE, SUITE2".

Except how does that really work? For example, I think that the drivers for SUITE 2 are only for 64 bit Windows (not sure), whereas I know that the drivers for the old SIUID5 interface are only available for 32 bit Windows and there are no 64 bit drivers available for that.

So my question is this: what combination of operating system/driver/hardware/software do I use so that I can boot up the machine and have both SUITE and SUITE2 installed and connected via ethernet to the interface and use either program? I am free to load any version of windows and whatever drivers are necessary because we're using a dedicated PC. I want to get this all correct beforehand, so that I order the right package from you guys and get the right OS install disks so that everything works without compatibility issues or having to exchange the interface. Can this actually really be done? Do I need to make it a dual boot 32/64 bit machine? Please advise..
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: OS/HW/SW compatibility w/sunlite 2 Ethernet interface

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

If you have a Windows 32 Bit operating system you could run both old and new hardware/software. Sunlite Suite only works with a Windows 32 Bit operating system but Sunlite Suite 2 does works with 32 and 64 bit.

Also when you upgrade to the Suite 2 hardware you can use both the Sunlite Suite and Sunlite Suite 2 software on a 32 or 64 bit PC.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Ben
Benno
--
Product Support
darkmas
New Forumor

Re: OS/HW/SW compatibility w/sunlite 2 Ethernet interface

Post by darkmas »

Perfect, thank you!